hf1

My very sad veg patch.

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: My very sad veg patch.

Postby tracedw » Sat May 05, 2012 6:09 pm

@monsterm sounds like hard work but very rewarding all the same,we cant grow carrots here, they need free draining sandy soil and we have it heavy, i tried once and picked out all of the stones in the bed,to stop the carrot from forking, but gave up it the end,plus i had a wheelbarrow full of stones that i didnt know what to do with :giggle:

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Bessandra » Sat May 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Love this thread! I'm so nosey about other peoples veggie gardens! I'm with rachyrach... Mine went to ruin last year because I was too tired with my newborn :(
However, it's all kicking off this year! Yipee!
I'm loving the poly tunnel and the mahoosive greenhouse!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun May 06, 2012 5:57 am

Im growing my own stuff for the first time this year. Am very excited :yahoo: I doubt we will be abel to get the garden sorted in time to have my raised beds in, so I have bought some upside down hanging planters. (£1.99 from aprooved foods) And I am growing tomatoes and mini squash and corgettes in them.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 am

I would love to have a vegie patch but my yard is over run by a hyperactive cattle dog and a crazy shihtzu.

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Bessandra » Sun May 06, 2012 7:00 pm

beck wrote:I would love to have a vegie patch but my yard is over run by a hyperactive cattle dog and a crazy shihtzu.

Beck - could you have stuff in pots perhaps? I have two labs so totally understand! Hubby is fencing off our veg patch - sadly it isn't stopping the chicken getting in there!

Previous

Return to The Veggie Patch