docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Garden progress so far!

Postby docmaggoo » Wed May 29, 2013 7:17 pm

We started work on the garden last year

Here are some progress pics!

April 2012 - these are the "Before" pics

there was an 8ft x8ft triangular pond and massive rockery surrounded by boulders!
It was mammoth work getting all the reinforced concrete out!

During pictures.......

May 2013 - Here it is after our recent efforts to clear the borders. We've removed tonnes of dead ivy and all the dead branches!
We've added some temporary edging with the bricks and put bark down to smarten the whole area up!
The new lawn we put down last year took a huge battering over the winter with all the snow and frost - and also a new puppy who has widdled over it all. So DH has been working hard on it recently and its picked up brilliantly with some TLC.

Now to decide what to do with the rest of the garden - lots of hard standing area for James & Eleanor to play on. Thinking a small wooden playhouse, a mud kitchen, some seating and DH wants a brick BBQ!

Image Image Image

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Garden progress so far!

Postby clothmama » Fri May 31, 2013 12:50 am

Looking really good Jen! I love that you have the established trees along the borders and you can see the trunks :)

All the patio bit looks great for the kids but I agree with your hubby @docmaggoo a nice BBQ area - or how about one of those cool outdoor pizza ovens that you can build :love: , I can't wait to own a house again so I can get Mr CM to build be one of those!

Return to The Veggie Patch