hf1

Gardening game - ID these plants! New 15/10/17

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Gardening game - ID these plants! New 06/03

Postby confusinglady » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:42 am

Plus i kinda thought it's easy to miss cherries as they're small and don't always get chance to colour before the bird munch them ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:01 pm

confusinglady wrote:Plus i kinda thought it's easy to miss cherries as they're small and don't always get chance to colour before the bird munch them ;)

That is a good point too as it is right down on the back fence so would have been quite late in June that it was cleared so cherries could have easily been missed :giggle:
confusinglady wrote:I wish I could remember the things he says more accurately! He knows so much about this stuff.

:giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:58 pm

This one I nearly got rid of as it looked like a stupid patch of sticks all Autumn and winter but in the end I cleared out the old wood and now it has sprouted healthy new growth and started growing lovely yellow flowers - any ideas?

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Gardening game - ID these plants! New 24/04

Postby mamavan2 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:51 pm

It's a Kerria japonica.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:44 pm

mamavan2 wrote:It's a Kerria japonica.

You are so good at this game @mamavan2 :giggle: I do have another one I took yesterday I'll post later and I took one of one of the earlier ones that we weren't sure about to see if anyone knows what it is now! BBL

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Gardening game - ID these plants! New Sunday.

Postby clothmama » Tue May 03, 2016 7:33 am

mamavan2 wrote:To me the second one looks like a quinquefolia (it looks like the leaves are growing on tendrils).
The first one is a walnut.

The first one was definitely a walnut. The second one is a cinq feille - it was everwhere but with only very shallow roots / tendrils so I've pulled it all back and cut it almost back to the main (obviously quite old) branch that was hiding, put a stake for it to grow up and it is now shooting so I'll see if it is a keeper or not lol!
Before photo
clothmama wrote:Image
]

Now!

clothmama wrote:OK I know it is a fruit tree but that is it! I don't remember seeing any fruit last year but that isnt' to say there wasn't any but we didn't get into the house until June. Anyone got any ideas now it is starting to bud and they look white?

This has been confirmed by neighbours to be a plum :D
clothmama wrote:Flowery bushes if some sort or weeds?

This one is still a mystery - not sure what it is called but it had lovely red berries (which the birds quickly ate!) in the winter! I've another down the back too!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue May 03, 2016 7:38 am

And a new one! I almost got rid of this as I'd not seen it doing anything but it has come out in lovely purple flowers! Anyone know what it is? @mamavan2 :giggle:
Image Image

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:42 am

The first could be a viburnum.
Still thinking about the second one.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue May 03, 2016 7:51 am

mamavan2 wrote:The first could be a viburnum.
Still thinking about the second one.

Just reading up about viburnium and i think you are right and that is what it is - I can't find the exact variety of it (similar to the laurier variety but mine has red not black berries I think). Thanks again :thumbsup:

PreviousNext

Return to The Veggie Patch