Oh no nooooorty chickens :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Veggie patch 2016 plans!

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:36 am

Lidl had seeds in yesterday when I went in - they were really cheap (seeds cost a bomb here for some reason!) so I went a bit mad!!

This is what I got:
Veggies:
  • Broccoli
  • Courgettes
  • Beans
  • Snow peas (mangetout)
  • Wombok (chinese cabbage)
  • Leeks
  • Lettuce
  • Radish
  • Peas
  • Peppers

Herbs:
  • Chives
  • Garlic chives
  • Parsley
  • Basil

I realise that there is more than what was on my list to grow :oops: :giggle: :giggle: I have also been through my ones I already have and there is also:
  • Carrots
  • Swiss Chard
  • Brussel Sprouts

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks goodness for this thread or I would have totally forgotten to start getting ready! This year we're keeping it uber simple with some spuds (to crowd out the weedy jungle), dwarf green beans, pumpkins, radishes and sunflowers. We've also got strawberries in pots that will hopefully require a bit of fertiliser and not much else tlc. You guys sound way more adventurous than me! I volunteer myself to come round and help you deal with any surplus produce :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:40 pm

I've solved my seeding with cold house / no light issues and I'm going to give milk bottle / soda water bottle mini greenhouse seed going a try :widesmile:

usinukveg wrote:pumpkins

Actually I really want to grow some butternut and spaghetti courge - I must stop or I'll do too much and not cope!!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:03 am

Mil has given me some seeds :yahoo: that she bought randomly and I found that I have some from last year that are in date and hopefully ok. I may revise my plans on what seeds I have :giggle:
Also I saw that Aldi have some plant /gardening stuff in from thurs as one of their specials and they had some netting and proper gator things which I don't have. Just trying to decide if it's worth the drive ( and the extra random good I ll buy whilst I m there!!)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:11 pm

confusinglady wrote:lso I saw that Aldi have some plant /gardening stuff in from thurs as one of their specials and they had some netting and proper gator things which I don't have. Just trying to decide if it's worth the drive ( and the extra random good I ll buy whilst I m there!!)

Of course it's worth the drive :giggle: Dumb question - what is a gator @confusinglady ?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:35 pm

clothmama wrote:
confusinglady wrote:lso I saw that Aldi have some plant /gardening stuff in from thurs as one of their specials and they had some netting and proper gator things which I don't have. Just trying to decide if it's worth the drive ( and the extra random good I ll buy whilst I m there!!)

Of course it's worth the drive :giggle: Dumb question - what is a gator @confusinglady ?

Whoops! I meant a propagator to grow seeds in but spelt it incorrectly and autocorrect separated it into two words :giggle:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:35 pm

My garlic has long sprouts already - hope its not too soon since we still get temps below 0 :huh:

Can't wait to see if all of our beech hedge is growing this year :fingerscrossed:

PreviousNext

Return to The Veggie Patch