Started! Woo hoo!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Started! Woo hoo!

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:04 pm

OK just looked and my first frost date is 1st November so I have 85-100 days to grow brocolli so need to have a look and see when that makes it- so they call all go in later. Maybe I need to do an 'autumn' plan as well. Also i'm guessing if I get a cover for my poly tunnel I can be later again?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:06 pm

24 July to 08 august so now need to work out what will be out of the garden by then!!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:08 pm

clothmama wrote:
confusinglady wrote:I ve never had so many veggies growing at the same time before and want to really make good use of space with planting other things once these come out.

See I know I can (long growing season here) and should be doing this but I feel so overwhelmed just getting to this point that I'm not sure what I'm doing and havent' even attempted to calculate that stuff - maybe I can just wing it later in the season? Or maybe all the stuff I've 'scrapped' in my head (cauliflour, brocolli etc) can go in later? I'll have to have a look and maybe writing it all down will help me understand what I can do!

Yep I wouldn't advise thinking about that now, you ll tie yourself in knots. Just stick to your plan :thumbsup:

I have broccoli and cauli in my plan to go in in July too.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Also my sprouting broccoli plants went in and stayed in over winter - by accident I might add! - and have been producing since Jan . The packet says a mix between red admiral F1 hybrid, Rudolph and Cardinal if that helps

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Looks really good :)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat May 07, 2016 6:10 am

An updated photo. Not sure it looks that different, but I've sorted out the front border with strawberries. Hoping to put a row of red onions in at the back. It has beetroot from last year that I replanted for leaves and some normal onions I plabted last year that didn't arrive until a few months ago :giggle:
I ve things starting to appear at the back ..... Or are they just weeds.... Who knows for sure! :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat May 07, 2016 8:50 pm

At least there is life which can not be said for some of my things (although your onions give me hope for my rouge garlic!). I thought of your garden the other day when I managed to pick up 4 bird nets for about 50 each at a cheapy shop - was well pleased :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat May 07, 2016 9:21 pm

clothmama wrote:At least there is life which can not be said for some of my things (although your onions give me hope for my rouge garlic!). I thought of your garden the other day when I managed to pick up 4 bird nets for about 50 each at a cheapy shop - was well pleased :giggle:

They'll be worth their weight in gold :thumbsup:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:02 pm

Wow how much things grow in a few months!!!

Here is my June pic taken last week but only just managed to get it on here!

And from through the window:

I Ve taken some of the old broccoli out ( should all have come out by now in my little plan but one has just gone mad so I be planted squash and cucumber underneath its big leaves which provides a bit of shade whilst they are small. I m really pleased at how 'veg patch' it looks now :giggle:
I've been working really hard on watering and have even been found out there in the dark gardening by the light of the moon, picking up those pesky snails and slugs!

PreviousNext

Return to The Veggie Patch