hf1

Fruit/ veg salad

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Fruit/ veg salad

Postby confusinglady » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:28 pm

I put this on the table at lunch time and we realised that everything was from our garden/ greenhouse :widesmile:

Vine , plum and apple tree were planted by the previous owner we've just tended to the vine to retrain it. Not even touched the trees but they do need pruning desperately!

Oh and we have some green peppers too, this is our biggest so far :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Fruit/ veg salad

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:23 pm

How fantastic! :yahoo: :thumbsup:

I've managed one tiny deformed pepper and no cucumbers at all off 2 vines :doh: !

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:38 pm

clothmama wrote:How fantastic! :yahoo: :thumbsup:

I've managed one tiny deformed pepper and no cucumbers at all off 2 vines :doh: !

Oh no @clothmama :(

This is the first time I ve managed to successfully grow pepper. They are under glass though too so think that helps. We've had a steady supply of cucumber since July, say about 2 a week off 4 vines in the greenhouse. The best year I ve ever had so maybe the weather was a factor. Also I pinched them out at the right times etc which I d not done before. No success with squash or courgettes really this year thougH which you've had more success with haven't you? We've had one edible green courgette from two plants and lots more yellow courgette but nothing like what I've had before. They just kept getting eaten by slugs and snails :(
I have one tiny cauliflower head out of a whole row down from which 3 germinated and 2 got eaten :doh:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Looks amazing! Our sum total this year is two raspberries, one meal of potatoes and I think four tomatoes!

Return to The Veggie Patch