Garden plans 2018

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Garden plans 2018

Postby littlesez » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:39 am

New house :) fresh start. Bit overwhelmed and no idea where to start even planning wise. The front garden I am thinking flowers but need a plan to stop cats pooing in it as they all seem to think this is a litter tray! The Privets are a nightmare. They have grown in a way that most of it is branches and only the very top is leaves I couldn't even get through the gate and have trimmed them but I am toying with the idea of getting rid and getting a fence.

There is a small side garden and could put veg or flowers

The back is the garden you see but the wooded bit is actually the same size again so could be left or cleared which would be a bigger job

I'll be needing a rabbit area which will have to be fox proof as we are very close to woods and I know they have had neighbours chickens :(

There is the obvious weeding to do but underneath it all on the right are raised beds

Any ideas welcome xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Garden plans 2018

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Sorry I forgot to reply earlier! Let me have a ponder and I'll reply tomorrow when I have a minute!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Operation clean up in progress :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Just bought this for the bunnies :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:07 pm

A few thoughts as my brain slowly starts working again Sara. I think you have a fantastic start there, looks like you have some great paths and bed sides (jealous!) all ready to go. I'd borrow or hire a jet washer and give all the paths / brickwork a good spray, it will get the weeds out of the cracks for you, get rid of the dirt and you'll suddenly have gorgeous clean / bright paths and brickwork.
I just looked at hire for you and seems silly as you can buy one for the same cost!
https://www.gumtree.com/p/pressure-wash ... 1270381887
J said it is great to clean the kids too :hohoho: :hohoho:

I would also get out there with the kids tomorrow if it is nice and measure it all up the areas and sign up for a free plan on the site I use - growveg uk I think it is called. you get a free week so even if you just put in the actual garden layout and perrenial plants then you have them all nice to print off and work on. Also means you can link us to it so we can see what you have to play with! Lots of fun, I think it looks like a great garden! :yahoo: @littlesez

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Tory do you know how a pressure washer works as I don't have an outside tap x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 pm

littlesez wrote:Tory do you know how a pressure washer works as I don't have an outside tap x

Ahhh you do need a tap - do you really not have anything outside???? How are you going to water / give the bunnies water etc without a hose? J said you can do it if you can run a hose inside you can use a Jubilee clip to attach to your kitchen tap but not ideal. If you are going to be having veg / rabbits etc I'd seriously look at getting a tap put in. Can't imagine it would cost much.

Return to The Veggie Patch