Cats in the garden

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Cat's in the garden

Postby nappynutter » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:18 am

doobykat wrote:Or as a drastic measure, get your own cat! :giggle:
Honestly, it does work, as they view their own back garden as their own territory and once the initial "fighting for territory" has settled down, you should find that the waifs & strays keep away.

Yup, that was going to be my suggestion too. :D

My avatar
osiansmami
Clothie
Clothie

Postby osiansmami » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:20 am

Thanks, going to give it a go!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:26 am

If you have a Zoo or Safari Park near you then you can buy lion dung (seriously) and sprinkle this around the boundary of your garden, that will keep cats out ... a guy at my DH's work does this, :giggle:

My avatar
osiansmami
Clothie
Clothie

Postby osiansmami » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:30 am

zoeyboo wrote:If you have a Zoo or Safari Park near you then you can buy lion dung (seriously) and sprinkle this around the boundary of your garden, that will keep cats out ... a guy at my DH's work does this, :giggle:

Wowsers! Not many lions in Portsmouth unfortunately :)

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:27 pm

We had to look for something for our garden and ended with one of those cat sonars. It's a pain because I can hear it every time it goes off as I walk up the garden path but once I'm inside I can't hear it anymore and it is very effective.

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:29 pm

you can lay any twigs/sticks with bits sticking out on the soil. your veggies will grow round/through them and the cats wont like getting twigs up there bum :giggle: you need quite a few though. I used to use green plastic fencing that comes on a roll round the edge of the veg patch. use garden canes to hold it in place and so it can be easily removed when you want access.

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Garlic!!!

and it works!!

We have had same problem and we bought this stuff http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STV-DEFENDERS-CAT-REPELLENT-SPRAY-500ML-FREE-P%26P_W0QQitemZ390291560170QQcmdZViewItem, made us refuse to go in garden for 1st 6hrs afterwards (shut all windows!) but no cat problem anymore.....

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:55 pm

nappynutter wrote:
Honestly, it does work, as they view their own back garden as their own territory and once the initial "fighting for territory" has settled down, you should find that the waifs & strays keep away.

will someone please tell our cat this, last week he was laid in the garden with three of the neighbourhood cats :giggle: , and next doors poo's in our garden :roll: :roll: think all the cats round her are just very chilled out

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:12 pm

girlinleeds wrote:
nappynutter wrote:

will someone please tell our cat this, last week he was laid in the garden with three of the neighbourhood cats :giggle: , and next doors poo's in our garden :roll: :roll: think all the cats round her are just very chilled out

:hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to The Veggie Patch