hf1

Removing limescale from in-between tiles

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Removing limescale from in-between tiles

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Had a few questions to post today but @Bee's Knees beat me to it with one of the questions :giggle:

The other question I had was, what is the best way to get rid of limescale from in between the bathroom tiles? I give them a scrub when cleaning the bathroom but the grout is getting very discoloured and its annoying me! I am in the midst of major clearing/cleaning mode and we are working our way through the house and getting rid of all the rubbish we have accumulated and trying to give everywhere a really good scrub down, but this is the only thing that I can't find a solution too!!

Natural or chemical solutions very welcome, just want to get rid of the limescale so that my bathroom looks lovely and clean again :)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Removing limescale from in-between tiles

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Watching with interest as we have the same problem. We use Viakal shower cleaner on the glass, but it doesn't seem to work as well on the grout for some reason.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:00 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:Watching with interest as we have the same problem. We use Viakal shower cleaner on the glass, but it doesn't seem to work as well on the grout for some reason.

Its so annoying isn't it :evil: I have tried loads of things but its not shifting. Hopefully some domestic goddess will be along with the answer soon :giggle:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:01 pm

This is brilliant for the whole shower/bathroom area. My cleaner said she had never come across such a good product for limescale/water marks :D

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Caroline wrote:This is brilliant for the whole shower/bathroom area. My cleaner said she had never come across such a good product for limescale/water marks :D

Thanks Caroline, thats cheap too so definitely worth a try :thumbsup:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Viakal Limescale Remover is good stuff. There's a new one they've not long launches that has a water repellant built into it too, so not only does it remove limescale, it stops it from building up so quickly again as well.
Smells lovely too :oops: Bit like Dove original, so leaves your bathroom smelling fab & not too chemically, like some of them (Cillit Bang Lime & Grime for example - which also works well, just doesn't smell as nice... :roll: )

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:11 pm

doobykat wrote:Viakal Limescale Remover is good stuff. There's a new one they've not long launches that has a water repellant built into it too, so not only does it remove limescale, it stops it from building up so quickly again as well.
Smells lovely too :oops: Bit like Dove original, so leaves your bathroom smelling fab & not too chemically, like some of them (Cillit Bang Lime & Grime for example - which also works well, just doesn't smell as nice... :roll: )

Thanks for that Liz, shall look out for it when I go shopping! Like you say cilit bang works ok but has such a strong smell an always makes my skin really dry if I forget to wear gloves :oops:

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby cath » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:10 pm

I use bleach & give it a good scrub with wire wool & it comes up really nicely.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:19 am

Bleach is good, but it doesn't always shift the limescale, it just bleaches the colour. Scrubbing with a toothbrush or stiff nail brush is good. Will check out the ones linked too, because I've not found anything tha I think really works so far...

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess