Spring cleaning anyone?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Spring cleaning anyone?

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:16 am

Is anyone else doing a spring clean??

I dont usually bother and just do bits here and there, but I am in cleaning and sorting mode this year and we have spent the past 3 weeks gutting the house!! DH has done the garden and garage, although there is still a bit to do in the garden when the nice weather returns. I have been through every cupboard, drawer, box etc in the dining room, kitchen, hall, airing cupboard and have lost count of the amount of bin bags of stuff we have taken to the tip! I am sick of having stuff we dont need and being very ruthless. Just have to keep DH away as he likes to keep things just in case :roll: Scrubbed both bathrooms yesterday and wiped down the majority of the doors, skirting boards, and the banisters!

My mission for today is to sort through our bedroom and then Darcys room if I have time to do both today. That will just leave the spare room (read junk storage room) and the living room which I am not too bothered about as it is pretty organised in the living room anyway! Cant wait for it all to be finished and for our friends to collect our dining table that they are buying off us so I can start shopping for new table and chairs and making the house just how I want it :widesmile:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Spring cleaning anyone?

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:22 am

Yay for gwtting so much done, your house must be sparkling now :)

I love Spring Cleaning - not much chance of doing it with D though so I am doing little bits while I can. Last Saturday I spend ALL DAY in the Kitchen, and still have a row of cupboards, the fridge.freezer, trolley and floor to steam clean :?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:10 am

I am just trying to get it all done now so that I can just try and keep on top of things so I can enjoy summer with Darcy before bump comes along :)

Forgot about carpets, think I will get DH to shampoo them all once I have finished all the cleaning :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 am

I am so tempted to get people in to give the house a good deep clean, I don't get as much done as I used to before William x

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:19 am

no, all i want to do is sleep, not scrub the skirtings - saying that, i did them in Jan as they were looking grubby (theyre all white) so they dont need doing really.

I did clean my fridge and kitchen cupboards last week tho. I'm doing it bit by bit it would seem rather than one big clean hehe.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:23 am

Kirstyh wrote:I am so tempted to get people in to give the house a good deep clean, I don't get as much done as I used to before William x

Do it :giggle: There is no way I will be doing a big clean next year with 2 little ones to run around after!!!

Rox wrote:no, all i want to do is sleep, not scrub the skirtings - saying that, i did them in Jan as they were looking grubby (theyre all white) so they dont need doing really.

I did clean my fridge and kitchen cupboards last week tho. I'm doing it bit by bit it would seem rather than one big clean hehe.

It really is a very big clean to do it all at once but will be glad when it's done and I can relax a bit.
I have not really had any tiredness at all this pregnancy, if anything I have tonnes of energy so making the most of it whilst I can :giggle:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 am

Oh you lucky thing, im knackered, i was the same with Scarlett - everyone joked i spent my first trimester in bed with her... i would again with this if i could :giggle: I am managing on an afternoon nap and early night tho. It should start lifting soon tho i think, i was about 14wks i think when i got a bit more energy with S.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 am

wow - i wish i could clean the house but as soon as i start, my 16 month old starts causing more mess! (pulling books off the shelf, dropping rusks on the floor, scattering toys everywhere...). how does anyone manage cleaning whilst looking after LOs? (or is it just mine!?!!) xxx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:49 am

I do cupboards and things as we go along and skirting boards I clean when I mop the floors and hoover the upstairs ones, it is the other stuff, the carpet edges that get dusty, the doors (which seem to be enternaly grubby), cobwebs that seem to have appeared in the porch and just all the places I don't do day to day, it is never ending and the dust, gah, where does it come from :giggle:

@rox I jumpe into be at every opportunity when I was pregnant with William lol

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess