hf1

Who said to use Milton in the bathroom?

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Who said to use Milton in the bathroom?

Postby Slebro » Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 am

I don't know who it was, but someone on here suggested using Milton to control mould in the bathroom ... I'd never thought of it, and it is brilliant :yahoo: thank you so much whoever it was!!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Who said to use Milton in the bathroom?

Postby ems101 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:38 am

Really?! Great idea I hate using the harsh mould killer! Do you still dilute it? What surfaces can you use it on?

Xx

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 am

It was me :) glad it helped. I really should practice what preach though :lol:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 am

ems101 wrote:Really?! Great idea I hate using the harsh mould killer! Do you still dilute it? What surfaces can you use it on?

Xx

If you buy the liquid they give you stronger instructions for kitchen cutting boards ect I just do double and re wash
For bathroom I use standard dilution inna stay bottle on the grout bath seal ect anywhere I think mould will grow it is basically a mild bleach so be careful on delicate finishes and near fabrics ect.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 14, 2012 11:44 am

KimmyM wrote:It was me :) glad it helped. I really should practice what preach though :lol:

@KimmyM instuctions for a slummy mummy please :lookround: :loopy: :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 am

KimmyM wrote:
ems101 wrote:Really?! Great idea I hate using the harsh mould killer! Do you still dilute it? What surfaces can you use it on?

Xx

If you buy the liquid they give you stronger instructions for kitchen cutting boards ect I just do double and re wash
For bathroom I use standard dilution inna stay bottle on the grout bath seal ect anywhere I think mould will grow it is basically a mild bleach so be careful on delicate finishes and near fabrics ect.

Sorry cross post!! I'm not even sure if they sell Milton here will have to look! Thank you!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:51 am

Great thanks! We get condensation problems around the windows, so will try there. @clothmama, you could get some of the tablets sent over if you can't find any xx

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon May 14, 2012 12:04 pm

clothmama wrote:
KimmyM wrote:

Xx

Sorry cross post!! I'm not even sure if they sell Milton here will have to look! Thank you!

Any baby cold water sterilising tablets should work prehaps you have a sufferer brand.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Yep super market own brand baby sterilising fluid or tabs is just as good and a fraction of the cost :D

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess