hf1

Whites

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Whites

Postby jules070603 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:46 pm

More specifically, Zachs school polo shirts.

I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle trying to get them clean. The stains just won't come out. Its mostly food stains and dirt stains. I have to keep chucking them out and buying new ones.

Any tips of keeping them white? Vanish Oxi Action does help but doesn't clear the stains completely plus Zachs seems a bit senstitive to it so I have to do an extra wash with no detergent afterwards.

Help!

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Whites

Postby Rox » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:52 pm

I love the new Ariel products. I use the spray on stain remover which is fab and for white things (bedding / DHs shirts) i use their gel whitener.

I dont rate Vanish products at all, could hardly notice the difference using them :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:11 pm

I just bin Rs TBH :oops: :oops: They are so cheap its not worth the effort :oops: :oops: The girls don't seem to get so dirty for some reason!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:39 pm

What washing powder are you using?

My whites were getting sooo grey, and combined with my ezcema getting out of control and the nappies getting more and more stained.... I made the switch to bio powder!
Amazing difference!

So now we're using Ariel with acti-lift on everything - and there was a dramatic improvement in the whites, the stains on the nappies disappeared and my skin improved too :widesmile:

might be worth a try

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Louise wrote:I just bin Rs TBH :oops: :oops: They are so cheap its not worth the effort :oops: :oops: The girls don't seem to get so dirty for some reason!

This lol.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Dettol spray (green bottle) is my secret weapon. Do not mix with colours though.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks. A few ideas to try then. I currently have a lot of washing powder in so can't change powder just yet so will try something to pop in the wash.

Its not so much the whites going grey as the staines not coming out and while I know they are cheap I'm getting fed up of throwing them and then forgetting to buy new ones so I don't have enough! I WILL have clean bright whites!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 pm

I've all but given up for next term and bought India red gingham shirts and red polo shirts. Whites are off the list here as my life is too short!

Rox, I tried the Ariel liquid that you add to the wash and it's not really making any difference and, was very expensive.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Caroline wrote:I've all but given up for next term and bought India red gingham shirts and red polo shirts. Whites are off the list here as my life is too short!

Rox, I tried the Ariel liquid that you add to the wash and it's not really making any difference and, was very expensive.

Really? I only buy it when its on offer so it works out better but i have great results when i use it - i use it alongside bold (bio) and usually on a long 'whites' wash so it gets the most chance to work.

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess