laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

How often do you clean your house/flat

Postby laceybat » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:07 am

MIl asked me why i was doing the housework again today as i did it on monday

this is how i do it
weekend i do nothing unless we are sorting something out
monday i do downstairs so tidy and dusty our sitting room, clean the kitchen, sort out the hall way, hover through out down stairs, and then mop the kitchen floor and dry it (as ryan slips on it if it's not dry)
Tuesday i don't do any unless ryan has made a mess.
wenesday i do up stairs so tidy our room so that is put clothes away that are still out or if they need to go in the wash put them in the basket ( Phil doesn't know how :roll: )dust and change the bed. then do the same in ryan's room, clean the bathroom and hover up and down stairs
Thursday i don't do any unless ryan has made a mess
Friday i do the same as monday

i tidy every night after ryan goes to bed now as well as he in bed earlier now

so am i doing it too much

she has not cleaned her rooms snice we split the house up i just shut the door as it gets to me :oops: :x

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: How often do you clean your house/flat

Postby ems101 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 am

I tend to do it as and when it needs it. I do less now i have james, and most of the weekly jobs get done on the weekend when i have rob ariund to help. I hoover, dust, tidy, laundry, wash up etc during the week.

Sounds like you are doing quite alot, but not overly!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:26 am

@ems101 this house is a dirty house as it was never cleaned before we live here so 15+ years of nothing so i'm still trying to get it clean. if i don't hover every other day it really bad i just don't know where it comes from :evil: and if i have my sister kids one of them has a really bad allergie to dust and dust mite. there is clutter every where once all that is gone it wouuld make such a differents but till we move it will be there as MIL is a hourder and it spils out in to our parts of the house too.

i just wish i could chucky everything out and start again with all new and what we would like

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:37 am

It depends, I think. People have different mess tolerences. Left to his own devices, DH wouldn't clean until dust bunnies were rolling across the floor like tumbleweed! :roll: But I like things to be clean - it distresses me if things are dirty and untidy. In our house, some things get done every day (cleaning the kitchen floor, wiping down kitchen surfaces, cleaning the loo, sorting out laundry, generally keeping things tidy). Some every few days (hoovering, dusting) and some once a week or so (blitzing the batroom, polishing, changing the beds etc). As long as you're not running yourself ragged keeping up with it all, your cleaning regime sounds fine to me :wink:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:14 am

Daily, constantly, all the bleedin time - seriously, if I don't spend hours cleaning and tidying the house is a pit!

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:49 am

I dont have a routine but always seem to be doing something!

I hoover downstairs 3-4 times daily (due to dog)
Mop kitchen every 1-2 days.
Dishes get washed and dried after use.
Washing-as needed.
Ironing 1-2 times a week.
Bed change every 7-14 days.
Bathroom/ downstairs loo- every 7-14 days.
Dusting- when needed.
Windows-not very often!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:20 am

My cleaner comes once a week and does what I class a basic weekly clean throughout the whole house. I then vacuum, tidy,clean loos and sinks etc as needed through the week. Beds get changed weekly. It does free up my time to do bigger jobs like windows, cupboard tidy, move furniture, those kind of things. Oh and laundry I do every day in some form or other.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:12 pm

As needed really, but roughly like this:

Hoover downstairs every second day
Hoover stairs and upstairs once a week
Bathroom cleaned daily including floor
Kitchen floor washed weekly
Downstairs floors washed fortnightly
A load of washing done each day and put away as soon as it comes off the clothes horse
Beds changed fortnightly
Dusting once a week
Tidying every night else we'd have no floor, plus I think it's important for kids to have responsibility for putting their stuff away
I rotate occassional jobs on a weekly basis - for example washing windows inside and out, cleaning cupboard fronts, tidying inside cupboards, tidying toyboxes, scrubbing bathroom walls, window frames etc.

I hate mess and mank, can't relax at all, but also hate big clean ups, so I find it easier to keep on top of it. There's things i'd like to be done more often (eg floor washing), but there aren't enough hours in the week!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:26 pm

We have a cleaner once a week who does a 'proper clean' bathrooms, kitchen floors, dusts everywhere etc. I hardly do any actual 'cleaning' but spend half my life tidying up, changing sheets, doining laundry, ironing.

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess