How often do you clean your house/flat

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How often do you clean your house/flat

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Every day I do something especially clean the toilets, hoover etc
Am constantly picking stuff up :roll: I don't have a set routing liek Monday change beds etc it is all just done as and when

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:03 pm

:hiding: Errrrm not as much as I should do lately :oops:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Every day I do something especially clean the toilets, hoover etc
Am constantly picking stuff up :roll: I don't have a set routing liek Monday change beds etc it is all just done as and when

Pretty much the same as this here!

I tend to do little bits every day. I then do a big deep clean every 3-4 months which includes washing down doors, window frames, radiators, skirting boards, clearing out cupboards etc. I have just finished the downstairs of our house today from giving it a deep clean, just have curtains in the wash at the moment. Will start on upstairs tomorrow then hoping I can get away with just basic top up cleaning until after bump is here!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Well now my SPD/Sciatica is bothering me alot i hardly do any cleaning. It is grim in my house :oops: I keep on top of the washing, bathroom, downstairs hoovering and the kitchen sides/dishwasher and that is it.

I used to have a rota, i cant remember it now per day but it would be certain washing (lights/darks/nappies/bedding etc). One day id do bathroom and upstairs hoovering. the next id do the kitchen, the next would be the dining room and lounge and downstairs hoovering etc. One day would be empty bins, change all bedding and sort the fridge out etc so i could do little snippets whilst the kids were playing or DS was sleeping etc.

I do miss being tidy and organised. Id be mortified if someone came to visit un announced right now but i physically cant do much cleaning :(

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:42 pm

I have a little routine. There are jobs I do everyday, like sweeping/hoover & mop the kitchen/dining/living room (all one room) as that is the room we live in most. I clean the bathroom sinks everyday & the toilets every second day. Technically I hoover & mop the rest of the house once a week but it ends up being a tip if I leave it a week so it happens more often really.

My avatar
Sandep
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Sandep » Fri May 26, 2023 11:24 am

The frequency of cleaning one's house or flat can vary depending on personal preferences, lifestyle, and individual circumstances. Some individuals prefer to clean on a daily basis, maintaining a tidy environment throughout the week. Others may opt for a weekly cleaning routine, dedicating specific days or times to thoroughly clean their living space. Factors such as the size of the house, the number of occupants, and the presence of pets can also influence the cleaning frequency. Ultimately, finding a cleaning schedule that suits your needs and ensures a clean and comfortable living environment is key.

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess