hf1

Recomend me a vac

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Recomend me a vac

Postby northernruth » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:14 am

We have a Vax at our holiday cottage and it's pretty good and was cheap.

My cleaner hates Dysons and she would always recommend a Henry, she cleans 10 private houses and has an office contract as well :shock:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:15 am

northernruth wrote:We have a Vax at our holiday cottage and it's pretty good and was cheap.

My cleaner hates Dysons and she would always recommend a Henry, she cleans 10 private houses and has an office contract as well :shock:

Cleaners always say a Henry because they are fairly good and very light so they follow them around easily. However, they don't have to pay for the cost of the bags and they can be surprisingly expensive.

I have a Dyson but one of the small, light ones as I have 2 flights of stairs. Its great if you like that kind of thing :giggle: but it is just a vacuum.....

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:41 pm

One of my friends recently replaced her Henry with a bagless Vax. Was under £100 in Argos. She says it's amazing (she has 2 dogs) a d better than her old dyson. Have heard a few folk say that lately about Vax.

I once did some work with a tubing company, who supply tubing to vacuum cleaner manufacturers. They had loads of experience of different brands and in their opinion at that time (was about 6 yrs ago), Miele was the best. But they are pricey.

Having heard my pal rave about her Vax, i'd go for that I think!

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Dyson have a trade in offer on atm. Think its 20% off.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Miele, they are pricey but I managed to pick mine up in the sale. It's really quiet (unlike the Dysons I've come across)

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess