hf1

Rug Doctor - I'm in love !

My avatar
Connie_334
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Rug Doctor - I'm in love !

Postby Connie_334 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Well, yesterday I had arranged to borrow MIL's vax carpet cleaner to give my carpets a good clean as they we're looking really grubby.

MIL came and picked B up so I could get on and so I gaily started cleaning B's bedroom carpet before I realised that it was making the carpet wet but not sucking up! I then took it all to bits and cleaned it all out but I couldn't get it to work. When I called MIL to break the bad news she said oh yeah SIL couldn't get it to work either. OMG, what did she think I was going to do suck all the water up through a straw?!

Any how, I couldn't leave B's carpet soaking so I jumped on to Google and found out our local dry cleaners rent out the Rug Doctors. I called them and then went and picked it up.

I was so chuffed with the results and it was so easy to use. My very old carpets are looking very clean and bright now

I'll definitely hire a rug doctor again but hope next time to split the hire costs with a friend.

:thumbsup:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Rug Doctor - I'm in love !

Postby Caroline » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:43 pm

I need to get India's bedroom carpet cleaned and I'm thinking about hiring one of these. The last lot of 'professional' cleaners we had in did a terrible job and my hall and stair carpets were wet for 3 days after!!!!!!

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm

They hire them out at our local coop so you've inspired me to try it out!! Xx

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:16 pm

I was thinking about getting one for here as our carpets are looking a bit yuck but seeing as we're moving I won't be bothering :oops: good to know if/ when we need one in the new place though :)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm tempted to try, our lounge carpet definitely needs a good wash

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Someone recommended rug Dr to me too, although I haven't tried. If I was going to use a professional cleaner I would use someone like chem-dry as I have heard awful stories about some of the cheaper cleaners!

I think @pinksalmon2001 was very happy with her carpet cleaning iirc :D

My avatar
Connie_334
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Connie_334 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:10 am

Caroline wrote:I need to get India's bedroom carpet cleaned and I'm thinking about hiring one of these. The last lot of 'professional' cleaners we had in did a terrible job and my hall and stair carpets were wet for 3 days after!!!!!!

I would definitely use one again and it had an attachment for upholstery too which I used to clean our stairs and hard to reach places. It got the carpets quite dry too and they only took a couple of hours to dry.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 am

I hire a rug doctor once a year (from
Morrisons). It's brilliant! Fast, and effective. Expensive though. My dh didn't collect the upholstery bits for it last time though, he said we don't do that! Noooo, WE don't, but I do!

It's really great at cleaning and sucking the water out. Highly recommend.

My avatar
Connie_334
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Connie_334 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:49 am

Twinkletoes wrote:I hire a rug doctor once a year (from
Morrisons). It's brilliant! Fast, and effective. Expensive though. My dh didn't collect the upholstery bits for it last time though, he said we don't do that! Noooo, WE don't, but I do!

It's really great at cleaning and sucking the water out. Highly recommend.

It was quite expensive but because it didn't take me that long to do my carpets I'm going to see if my friend would like to share it next time as I know she also hires one every so often, that way it should half the costs. Even if we hired it for two days it would only cost us about £15 each and I have enough of the cleaning solution left to do my carpets again so hopefully it would be a cost effective solution.

Have you got a friend or neighbour that you could share the hire with?

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess