Decide on holiday and possibly book it

My avatar
mollycoddles
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Sunday chores

Postby mollycoddles » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Wow you seem organised...
I need to do a list like that... love the must do and good to do idea.
I wish I was working part time so I could have some me time somewhere too... I seem to get through a list about that long, work full time, spend time with my son and still the house is always a mess. And I'm permanently shattered! I always wondered why hubby had the energy to get out of bed in the mornings when little man was up - now I realise it's because he doesn't do all the chores as well... :doh:
I've recently taken to giving him a list of chores to get done and then going out to the the shopping while he babysits at the same time... :giggle: made me laugh to see the state of him when I got back - but he has now decided there is no way on earth we would cope with a second... :( oops! That wasn't part of the plan.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:20 pm

@mollycoddles It's really difficult isn't it to schedule housework around family and working life, isn't it.

I'm just heading back to work in the next few weeks after having my second child, and I know it's going to be very full on until we settle into our new routines. To help with that, I'm trying to work through all my chores with DH helping when he is around, especially the more detailed on or ones that really need children to be occupied, before I go back.

I'm hoping thos means I won't need to do more than the basics for the first month or so, so we can stay relaxed and get used to everything.

My avatar
mollycoddles
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mollycoddles » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 pm

I've told hubby quite clearly if we have a second I'm going back part time! There is no way I can manage full time and do all the house work and look after two kids every evening if he's not home before bedtime. Physically impossibility, I would crack!
Are you going back full time?
As a teacher the biggest problem is I my work preparing and marking starts again as soon as LO is in bed.
I've tried doing 20 mins jogging 3 days a week to have some time for me and in the first week I've already failed to find the time, as hubby is never home in the evenings to help out!
:(

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Caroline wrote:Decide on holiday and possibly book it

@Caroline did you decide?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:51 pm

@JabberJabber

Nope :( Sounds like a nice thing to do, book a holiday, but it's actually a PITA getting DH and I to agree!

Return to Domestic Goddess