hf1

Stand mixers / food processors? Pics added page 3!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Stand mixers / food processors?

Postby Louise » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:20 pm

sim wrote:@Louise

I've been looking at the Kenwood machines - do you think that the major is a better bet than the chef even if I'm not making large cakes or bulk amounts of baking? The chef titanium seems to have the same functionality but is a smaller machine....
My mum has the chef. I would have got one had I not needed something bigger for work!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Still don't know what to get! The Kenwoods all have really high watts where as the Kitchenaids are only around 500 watts :shock: so presuming they are not as powerful found a good bargain on a Kenwood Prospero which has all the attachements and everything I want but realised it is only plastic not metal so not the same thing adn won't last forever :(

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:52 am

Any thoughts on the Kenwood Chef Titanium v'x Chef Classic anyone? @Louise ?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:02 pm

clothmama wrote:Any thoughts on the Kenwood Chef Titanium v'x Chef Classic anyone? @Louise ?

I would go for the most expensive one you can afford. If I had the choice it would be the titanium due to its higher wattage, quality (more metal, less plastic!). It also has the medium speed outlet for a food processor but the chef doesn't.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:01 pm

OK since I wrote that last post @Louise I've spotted the chef sense and I love how it looks (still slightly less than the kitchenaid but I now understand a Kenwood is much better after mucho research!), not much in it wattage wise compared to the titanium but I really love it so I'm going to see who in my family wants to put in to see if I can get it for my birthday :cake: :yahoo:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:46 pm

clothmama wrote:OK since I wrote that last post @Louise I've spotted the chef sense and I love how it looks (still slightly less than the kitchenaid but I now understand a Kenwood is much better after mucho research!), not much in it wattage wise compared to the titanium but I really love it so I'm going to see who in my family wants to put in to see if I can get it for my birthday :cake: :yahoo:

Looks good. Doesn't come with nearly as many accessories as the Titanium though. Will you be getting a seperate food processor? The Titanium comes with a blender, food processor and creaming beater whereas the chef sense is just a mixer with 3 attachments.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Louise wrote:Looks good. Doesn't come with nearly as many accessories as the Titanium though. Will you be getting a seperate food processor? The Titanium comes with a blender, food processor and creaming beater whereas the chef sense is just a mixer with 3 attachments.

It has all the exits to put them on though @Louise . Annoyingly John Lewis has a special until today where you get the blender and the food processor bowl (which really i think is all I'll really need) for free! I've found a really good deal (if there are enough of the fam that want to go in that is!) and then I'll just have to pick up the other bits as I go. I know that the Titanium is probably a better idea with all the bits but I don't love how it looks as much and I've already had to let go of my 10 year dream of getting a KA for my 40th :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:55 pm

And I had a look and the Titanium only seems to come with the same as the Sense plus the glass blender which are only about 20 quid so I'm thinking I have to look at it a long time so I should go with the one I like the look of best. The only thing I'm not sure about is I think there is an extra exit for accesories on the Titanium but not sure what - can you shed any light on that @Louise ?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:59 pm

clothmama wrote:
Louise wrote:Looks good. Doesn't come with nearly as many accessories as the Titanium though. Will you be getting a seperate food processor? The Titanium comes with a blender, food processor and creaming beater whereas the chef sense is just a mixer with 3 attachments.

It has all the exits to put them on though @Louise . Annoyingly John Lewis has a special until today where you get the blender and the food processor bowl (which really i think is all I'll really need) for free! I've found a really good deal (if there are enough of the fam that want to go in that is!) and then I'll just have to pick up the other bits as I go. I know that the Titanium is probably a better idea with all the bits but I don't love how it looks as much and I've already had to let go of my 10 year dream of getting a KA for my 40th :hohoho:

:lol: Aah ok, I didn't think it had the medium outlet for the food processor like the Titanium does.

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess