hf1

Mouse

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Mouse

Postby ems101 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:06 pm

We have discovered a field mouse living in the house. Traps are ordered, but I'm thinking about a thorough clean up. Any experience?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Mouse

Postby clothmama » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:30 pm

Yes :panic: :panic: :panic:

I'm not good with mice (and rats are my idea of hell!) - I have a cat to deal with them but we have one (or more?) living or getting into the kitchen that Oscar doesn't seem to be able to catch :roll: traps have also been unsuccessful (although they were when we last had a few of them). You need to make sure that you have somehting they cna't pull out of the trap - so a softer cheese thta you can really squidge in the hole, or peanut butter they like as well. Harder cheeses they just seem to wander off with so you get an empty trap (and presumably happy mice :giggle: ) come morning!

I think field mice are no were near as gross as town mice. I generally only use home made, essential oil cleaners but clearing up after mice poo is one time I bring out the bleach just to make myself feel better!

Good luck :hug:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Mouse

Postby ems101 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:09 am

Just found a mouse dropping in my nicely laid easter table :'-( so gross! We're away for a couple of days now, so we'll have to leave it but we've ordered traps. Hopefully it's only the one. The bleach will definitely be coming out!!

Return to Domestic Goddess