What do you use to dust?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

What do you use to dust?

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:07 pm

I recently bought a Lidl version of those Swifter things with disposible heads (not great for the enviroment) and a plastic handle. It reminded me (when I realised it already needs chucking) that I used to have a feather duster(recommended by the Fly Lady which I used to do) that I loved (it was hot pink feathers - what not to love!). I honestly don't think I've seen one here. i also have one of those microfibre flat wand type dusters and a wolf head (direct translation - no idea what they are called in English!). They are a spherical broom with a telescopic handle for reaching high to get spider webs - they work SO well!

Anyway just wondering what you use for surface dusting?

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: What do you use to dust?

Postby emmavmorgan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:16 pm

:hohoho: nothing as fancy as you :giggle: Mum makes brilliant multi purpose cleaning cloths from old towel on one side and old T-shirt on the other (overlocked together) and I have dozens of them. I use them for everything from washing up to dusting, cleaning up spills and cleaning the windows etc. I even use them when I’m teaching for wiping hands (instead of disposable wipes) I must wash a full load of them every week :giggle:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:00 pm

I have a long, flat, extendable pole thing (sounds like yours) which I use for all the high bits...old Victorian house, there are lots of those. The rest I have a pile of muslins from when the kids were little. They get used to clean windows, dust, wipe...all sorts! Then just thrown in the wash.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:22 pm

I also have lots of ex nappies etc. but I must admit after using my very unenviromental thing the last week or 2 it has made me realise how easy it is to run around with a duster on a stick to get all the fussy bits! I think I'll try to find a real feather duster as part of my arsenal to try to keep on top of my very dusty / in middle of renovations / stone house!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:05 pm

I have a fake feather duster or a fluffy attachment for the Hoover. However dusting is not a strong point :oops:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:39 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:I have a fake feather duster or a fluffy attachment for the Hoover. However dusting is not a strong point :oops:

No mine either, as evidenced by what I have found in the last week or so since I started making an effort to get around each room! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:51 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:I have a fake feather duster or a fluffy attachment for the Hoover. However dusting is not a strong point :oops:

Not here either :oops:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Well at least I'm not alone :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:48 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:Well at least I'm not alone :hohoho:

I could have used a ruler to measure some of the dust I found lurking :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess