Great find for hard floors!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Great find for hard floors!

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:51 pm

As you can maybe tell from the 2nd post on cleaning I'm really trying to get a handle on my appalling housekeeping habits (SO hard living in a building site for so long - you totally loose the mojo!). I was in Lidl the other day and spotted one of those flat rectagular mops with a spray bottle on the handle. I thought it looked fun and bought it and honestly best €9 I have spent in ages, it is SO easy just to grab to do a quick clean / spot clean without faffing with the whole bucket thing of normal mopping. I'll still do a 'proper' mop sometimes but this is a day to day lifesaver for someone who is domestically disabled :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Great find for hard floors!

Postby confusinglady » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:08 am

So this is the thing- I have never got on with using a proper mob and bucket I just can’t get my head around how you actually make sure your mob is cleaned after using it and therefore would always feel like I was wiping the floor with a dirty mop. So for years a would use a washable cloth and a bucket and scrub the floor on my hands and knees. However I would then not look forward to that job so wouldn’t do it enough. In the last 10 years I’ve had a floor steamer thingy that has been great for me ..... still not a job I look forward to but it doesn’t seem so big a job in my head.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:46 am

confusinglady wrote:I just can’t get my head around how you actually make sure your mob is cleaned after using it and therefore would always feel like I was wiping the floor with a dirty mop.

I wash in hot soapy water and rinse when done. I then also periodically throw the mop head in the washing machine.

confusinglady wrote:So for years a would use a washable cloth and a bucket and scrub the floor on my hands and knees.

Oh you poor thing! The french actually haven't traditionally used mops (my MIL hates them!) - they use a big, quite thick, coarse cotton cloth they then have a small very stiff broom that they use to push around the cloth - saves getting down on hands and knees!

confusinglady wrote:In the last 10 years I’ve had a floor steamer thingy that has been great for me ..... still not a job I look forward to but it doesn’t seem so big a job in my head.

I have a big steamer so not worth getting out all the time but it is good!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:06 am

I’m another who swears by a steam mop. All our floors are tiled so it’s really quick to just whizz round with it and it dries in seconds.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:17 pm

Yes I love that it dries quickly too @emmavmorgan
Never even knew you could put mop heads in the washing machine- I m so mop clueless!
@clothmama
Reminds mE I need to clean the floors :giggle:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:02 pm

Couldnt get on with my steam mop, I do have one of the spray bottle ones now though and I love it.

Return to Domestic Goddess