hf1

Top to bottom house declutter

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Top to bottom house declutter

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:27 pm

My decluttering has come to a halt recently but I'm hoping I can find my mojo and get back into action again

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:My decluttering has come to a halt recently but I'm hoping I can find my mojo and get back into action again

:whip: :whip: :whip: :giggle:

Think of all the extra presents and toys that will appear at christmas that you will have to find space for :shock: This is what is worrying me! Along with all the 'new baby' gifts and the general mass of things that come with newborns :-? :giggle:

Well didnt do much this evening, mainly because me and DD are still suffering badly with this rotten cold. I gave DD a nice warm bath and cleaned the bathroom (bar the floor - tomorrows job) so atleast i did something constructive! Must be nesting because i wiped all the walls over too as high as i could reach (i normally just do the walls by the toilet) :lol:

Didnt manage the tip today but maybe tomorrow! Not sure what ill get done tomorrow as i need to get a present for a 5yo whose birthday party it is tomorrow afternoon - not very organised :oops:

Sarah x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Another update :) Tidied kitchen up this morning, just a general tidy and wipe down but im counting it as even though its just a general task it looks better :)

Did the tip run today, 3 bin bags and some cardboard and old paint tubs :) Tidied under DDs bed and cleared alot of junk out of the corner of the office (hoovered it all too) and the junk piling up in the landing too :wink: DD went to my mums for 2 hours today and although it didnt feel like we were tidying/cleaning for 2 hours we did!

Been to a tea party this afternoon also so hips are very sore but hoping to tackle either the pile of stuff i still need to find a home for in our bedroom (which is getting bigger because i need somewhere to put things whilst i clear other bits out) or i will do the touch up paint job in the hallway on the ceiling ive been meaning to do for the past year :lookround:

Sarah x

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:27 pm

today I took off all the sofa and armchair covers, even thought they are dry clean only, I did a test wash yesterday with a couple of cushion covers in the suites same fabric, measured them before washing, washed at 40... with intense wash ... extra rinses etc.. dried them in to the tumble.. after measuring them again.. no shrinkage through the wash... dried on low.. no shrinkage :wine: ), nice refreshed sofa covers now!!!!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:59 pm

ems wrote:today I took off all the sofa and armchair covers, even thought they are dry clean only, I did a test wash yesterday with a couple of cushion covers in the suites same fabric, measured them before washing, washed at 40... with intense wash ... extra rinses etc.. dried them in to the tumble.. after measuring them again.. no shrinkage through the wash... dried on low.. no shrinkage :wine: ), nice refreshed sofa covers now!!!!

Thats great! Ours are dry clean only, will try them in machine, not too fussed if it shrinks (more of an excuse to get a new one :giggle: ), mind i do the cushion covers in the machine and they are fine, i darent tumble them though :giggle: my dryer shrinks everything im sure!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 am

happytails wrote:
ems wrote:today I took off all the sofa and armchair covers, even thought they are dry clean only, I did a test wash yesterday with a couple of cushion covers in the suites same fabric, measured them before washing, washed at 40... with intense wash ... extra rinses etc.. dried them in to the tumble.. after measuring them again.. no shrinkage through the wash... dried on low.. no shrinkage :wine: ), nice refreshed sofa covers now!!!!

Thats great! Ours are dry clean only, will try them in machine, not too fussed if it shrinks (more of an excuse to get a new one :giggle: ), mind i do the cushion covers in the machine and they are fine, i darent tumble them though :giggle: my dryer shrinks everything im sure!

My sofa covers say "do not wash under any circumstances" :-? but when molly had a vomiting bug it suddenly became necessary to give them a good wash. I soaked them in the bath with some of the zoflora stuff, then out on a delicate cycle in the machine. They came out perfectly fine and much cleaner than they ever were!

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess