hf1

Using the timer like the Flylady says ;O)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Using the timer like the Flylady says ;O)

Postby clothmama » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:11 am

Back in France when I was a full time SAHM with only some house renos and a very small CNT to look after :giggle: IJ got myself in such a mess with Louis being little and the renos and needing to get organised and tidy for selling etc. I did Flylady for a while and gosh it helped me, I've never been so clean adn tidy and organised!

One of her tricks is to have an electronic timer and to set it for 45 mins so for 45 mins you just get on with it, tidy, wash, clean whatever chores you need to do. When the alarm goes of STOP and sit down for 15 minutes (again use the timer!!), for me this is computer :coffee: time (5 mins 20 to go :giggle: ). I've just started doing this again and already this morning feel like I've got a good bit done. I get soooo distracted by the computer and I always have so many bits to do that it can suck up my whole day. I guess I need to have 45 minute slots for doing admin stuff but not on other sites or chatting!

Anyway it is working for me so I thought I'd share and would be interested if it works for anyone up for trying too!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Using the timer like the Flylady says ;O)

Postby ladybird » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Sounds like a good plan. I'm not disciplined enough to stick to it though, I'd turn the time off and sit down again :lol:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:33 pm

thanks for posting this tory. i was planning on doing a bit more to get this place under control and forgot all about the timers.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:42 pm

To be fair I do this myself anyway. I will say set myself a target of 1 hour and I will rush around like mad getting as much done as humanly possible in that hour! It helps me, not sure why but I do tend to get loads done in that hour. X

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:45 pm

ladybird wrote:Sounds like a good plan. I'm not disciplined enough to stick to it though, I'd turn the time off and sit down again :lol:

I think i would fall out with the timer :oops:

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

That is a very very splendid sort of an idea.

Am definitely going to try it with DD too. Maybe now she will tidy her room too. :hohoho: who am I kidding!!!

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Ooh what a good idea, I may try this :D

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 pm

How am I supposed to find 45mins without the little people underfoot??? No wonder my house is a dump :roll:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 pm

moo54 wrote:How am I supposed to find 45mins without the little people underfoot??? No wonder my house is a dump :roll:

:giggle: i never got up to 45mins. the 'baby' steps that the flylady things starts with, starts with 2 minutes. it then increases to 15minutes. i never got beyond 15, but did find i could get a 2 or 3 lots of 15 minutes throughout the day which actually was a huge help. it's amazing what you can get done in just 15 minutes.

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess