hf1

What's the best carpet shampoo

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

What's the best carpet shampoo

Postby ulig » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:49 pm

I need to clean our carpets again and so far haven't found a really good carpet shampoo. What are your experiences with carpet shampoo? Which one is the best for use in a carpet cleaner? And also which is the best carpet cleaner in your opinion?

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What's the best carpet shampoo

Postby clairelou88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:57 pm

ive hired a rug doctor carpet cleaner from our local Morrisons it was pretty good done the job and wasnt too pricey to hire. you pay £14.99 to hire it and then buy the shampoo for it which costs about £10-15

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:40 am

I own a carpet cleaner, so don't really want to hire one. I tried the rug doctor carpet shampoo with my machine, but I just can't get the carpet clean. The problem is also that the carpet is cream coloured and has already been a little mucky when we moved in here. So any suggestions for a good carpet cleaner would be great :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:23 pm

In my experience there isn't a good one unless you get in the professionals! We have a vax and it is utter garbage, sure the water is mucky but I can never look and say "wow, what a difference". I clean out carpets fairly regular to keep on top of it (I have a thing about really dirty looking carpets and small kids rolling about on them) One thing that I do think is fab but takes a lot of effort is this big can of foam stuff I get from the pound shop, it is great especially on stairs but like I said takes a lot of effort x

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:25 pm

All honesty? I bought the £1 one from wilko's and just didn't dilute it as much as stated. Worked a treat and smelt yummy!

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:26 pm

I would love to get the carpets professionally cleaned, but just can't afford it right now. I'll give my carpet shampoo another go and just not dilute it as much. FC it works :D

My avatar
thepast123
Clothie
Clothie

Postby thepast123 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:24 pm

clairelou88 wrote:I've hired a rug doctor carpet cleaner from our local Morrisons it was pretty good done the job and wasn't too pricey to hire. you pay £14.99 to hire it and then buy the shampoo for it which costs about £10-15

Hi clairelou88,
I also have tried rug doctor carpet cleaner, and It has done great work. :hiding: but could you tell me which shampoo is the best for this carpet cleaning new Westminster ???

http://optionspluscarpetcleaning.ca/home/carpet-cleaning-kamloops/

Return to Domestic Goddess