hf1

Reusable/disposable kitchen towels

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Reusable/disposable kitchen towels

Postby doobykat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:23 am

aimeet wrote:I like to use them to oil kitchn equipment- think cake tins and woks as pastry brushes are just a pita and shed hair all over everything. They also come i handy for picking up cat sick etc- yuk I know. Having said that we haven't had any for a few months either. :giggle:

Exactly this!
I've tried a variety of different brushes but can't get the nice thin even coating of oil on the wok that I can get with kitchen roll.
And I couldn't agree more for using it to pick up cat vomit :puke:
I also use kitchen roll to wipe out the cats' food bowls. I did try just using an old piece of cloth, but DH would often mistake it for the dish cloth & use it to wipe down the sides/chopping board in the kitchen :-? :roll:
Tbh, I don't feel too bad about the occasional use of kitchen roll, as, being paper, it mulches down nicely in the compost.

Dooby x

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:27 am

thanks for replies. guess i'm already doing it mostly - have separate facecloths that come out at meal times for hands & faces. shame i was looking at some very posh looking ones on hc :giggle: and no cats here other than the horrid ones who use our garden as their litter tray

annette - i use old newspapers & vinegar for windows :giggle: its what my granddad taught me and who am i to argue with a now 91 year old man :giggle:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Just butting in to add microfibre cloths and plain old water is great for windows!

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess