hf1

Which saucepans?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Which saucepans?

Postby Annette » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:39 pm

i am in need of new saucepans. We got a nice set of anodised steel ones for a wedding present but after 9 years of constant use, they really need replacing. I keep putting it off because whenever i look, there is just so much choice but the non-stick is all deteriorating on ours so i shouldn't really put it off any longer.

I like our pans but don't really want them again as they are not dishwasher friendly, i have tried putting one through recently as i figured i had nothing to lose, but they really don't like it. So i want something i can put in the dishwasher as i hate washing up with a passion.

I don't really want cast iron as i have had a set in the past and they are too heavy for me really, i like one handed holding/straining/serving, you get the idea.

So anyone got any recommendations, the choice is too overwhelming with such wide price ranges???

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Which saucepans?

Postby ems » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:21 am

We have a stainless steel clad set, a few anodised circulon pans.. ie.. a milk pan and a few saute type pans.. and now quite a few le creuset pans and oven dishes. I've used tefal, analon.. loads of meyer bits and pieces.. ( both analon and meyer stuff got sent back to the factory.. and we replaced it with a few bits from the circulon range as we were getting awful hot spots with the cheaper meyer range).

Out of all of them I use my stainless steel clad set the most. I go through stages of loving other things, but always go back to the stainless steel for some reason!! We have about 7 of them from this range.. and they are now donkies old and still look as good as new, and you can throw them in the dishwasher LOL
http://www.cuisinart.co.uk/collection.p ... ectionID=9

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:13 am

I know this is really sad but i LOVE QVC cooks essentials they are such amazing pans! So much so when friends come round I get them out to show them off :oops: :giggle: !
Their customers service is also amazing 30 day money back guarantee so can use them and if you don'y like them send them back!! Also my mother has one of the coloured pans which she has had for just over a year and some of the colour started to chip off so she rang them and they are collecting it and sending a new one, No questions asked! :giggle: :giggle: Gosh I'm sad!

ETA They have a non stick life time guarantee as well!
Last edited by scarlet on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:17 am

I bought some of John Lewis own brand stainless steel pans recently and have been really impressed. I will be getting some more as DH dropped an old pan and its now dented.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:19 am

We havea set of the Ready Steady Cook ones. Had them since I got my own place (So about 3 years) and they're grand. I would suggest getting the Non-Stick ones though. Mine aren't the non-stick ones and while the pans are fine, the frying pan is rubbish unless you swim things in oil. Mum and Dad have the non-stick ones and they're fabby

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:13 am

we have the lakeland anodised ones which have been great for the last 3 years and fine in the dishwasher
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/my-kitchen-ha ... 3668_13669

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 am

We got a set of Stellar pots and pans for a wedding pressie over 13 years ago and they get popped in the dishwasher practically every day - they still look like new and would definately recommend them :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 am

eviesmummy wrote:We got a set of Stellar pots and pans for a wedding pressie over 13 years ago and they get popped in the dishwasher practically every day - they still look like new and would definately recommend them :)

Stellar are fab, we have them too. :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:34 am

thanks for all the suggestions, i will have a good look tonight and decide.

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess