hf1

Readybeds - are they any good?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Readybeds - are they any good?

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:45 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:We have two of these: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... DY+BED.htm

What do you think about them?

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:19 pm

JabberJabber wrote:
autumnalgirl wrote:We have two of these: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... DY+BED.htm

What do you think about them?

Sorry that might help :oops: :D

Like them. The covers come off easily and wash well. The sleeping bags are thicker than the character ready beds, we've only had to add blankets once in the tent. The only problem we've had is that Aiden's developed a puncture on holiday last year, cue hubby, washing up bowl and a repair kit! However, I think that's a risk of all ready beds! Good that they're all in one so that they can't fall out and we don't need to take pillows for them! We'll be buying another for Dylan at some point!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:17 am

That Kampa bed looks great - what age range are they suitable for would you say? DD is 19 months but has outgrown her travel cot as she's tall. I'm thinking this could be good as a spare bed for sleepovers too when she's older, or is it only for really young/small kids?

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:44 pm

The interior dimensions are 115cm by 60cm so they should do up to about 5 or maybe 6 if you have a little one!! Rowan was in hers last night and slept great - even though it was blowing a hoolie outside the tent!!!

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun May 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Well Nathan used the new ready bed this weekend. It's aged 3 plus and doesn't have the 'bolster' bits on the side. He is such a wriggler and just didn't stay on it.

We are going to get a kampa now after seeing it from the link here.

My avatar
4timeslucky
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby 4timeslucky » Sun May 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks for the link cat27m, I think we might get one of those as well. :D

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:27 am

I'm definitely going to get one of those kampa ones, we borrowed a friends ready bed (with the side bolsters) for Tyler last time we went away and he just kept falling off it so ended up sleeping in with us!

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed May 18, 2011 8:35 am

cat27m wrote:We had one for Rowan for when we went camping but found it just wasn't warm enough and she's getting too tall for it. We've just got her one of these which she'll use with a sleeping bag but could be used with a gro-bag or sheets and a duvet. I like the fact that she can't roll off the bed.

http://www.outdoorworld.co.uk/kampa-air ... rrency=GBP

Aw that would be perfect for DDs bunk in our campervan but it's too long! I'm really struggling to find a solution for it. The space is 150cm by 100cm so nothing fits!

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess