hf1

Dressing up clothes - how do you store yours?

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Dressing up clothes - how do you store yours?

Postby queen bee » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 am

I'm having a massive sort out of the kids toys and rearranging the playroom and conservatory. The dressing up clothes are currently in 2 big wooden boxes (we have LOTS of dressing up clothes),but it's not a great way of storing them as they find it hard to find things and the boxes take up too much room. Any bright ideas about how to store them so that they are easily assessible but not in the way?

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Dressing up clothes - how do you store yours?

Postby lainey1978 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 am

Our outfits are on a clothes rail with shoes and bags in a box then hats and other accessories in another! We too have a lot of dressing up clothes

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 am

lainey1978 wrote:Our outfits are on a clothes rail with shoes and bags in a box then hats and other accessories in another! We too have a lot of dressing up clothes

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: That sounds amazing. I was thinking something similar but not sure we have the space.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:36 am

A rail sounds great! Surely it wouldn't take up much more room than the couple of boxes you have already? Maybe a few hooks on the wall or a kiddy coat-stand beside it will hold bulkier things too. We don't have many dressin gup clothes, Molly will only wear the yellow disney princess dress she has (actually it's not yellow anymore, sort of grey...maybe she needs more dressing up clothes lol)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:31 am

Anna's are stored in a big black and white Ikea box on top of her wardrobe, she asks for them every now and again but not often x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:21 pm

we have an open wicker basket on a shelf, but we don't have many yet, and DD isn't at all interested yet. if they are outfits and accessories how about keeping each set in a drawstring bag made from an old pillowcase (or half of one) - that way at least all the 'bits' for each outfit would be kept together,

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:27 pm

How about something along these lines...

We have something very similar at play group - the storage at the bottom is perfect for shoes/ hats etc - but with hanging space for the rest.
You could make your own/ alter an existing clothes rail to create the built in storage at the bottom

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/white-dressing-up-rail/79041226

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 pm

docmaggoo wrote:How about something along these lines...

We have something very similar at play group - the storage at the bottom is perfect for shoes/ hats etc - but with hanging space for the rest.
You could make your own/ alter an existing clothes rail to create the built in storage at the bottom

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/white-dressing-up-rail/79041226

that's really cute!

My avatar
clevercuttlefish
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby clevercuttlefish » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:01 pm

We have a big pop-up lobster bin thing for clothes, accessories are in one of dd1's wardrobe drawers. Both dd's have lots of dressing up stuff. My friend suggested hooks in the wall and those hanging things that you can fit more clotheshangers onto... not making much sense here! Right, these things http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003I4IC4Q/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003CHZRBU&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1BEQM4ZB6AY7P6E79GXS but ones that are actually going to work :giggle:

To be honest, even if everything was hung up, the girls would still end up pulling everything off the hangers and leave them on the floor. It's probably easier to just stuff everything into the lobster (like this but bigger and more lobstery http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Animals-Pop-Up-Storage-Clothes-Laundry-Bin-Hamper-Toy-/270756310487?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item84b7e99905 ).

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess