Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:20 pm

My DH wouldn't be alive if he did nothing :lol:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What chores does your DP do?

Postby northernruth » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Mine is pushing it atm to be honest, but he has just come out of a very busy time at work so I have been letting it go. My main bugbear is the way he sees anything of Martha's as being inherently mine - even down to her breakfast things if he has given her breakfast, he will clear his stuff away and leave hers........and don't get me started on the clothes issue. How he manages to get her dressed when I'm not around I have no idea :roll:

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:28 pm

northernruth wrote:You see I wouldn't stand for that at all - there would be one almighty unholy row and he would be frogmarched out to do said bunnies!

Is he ok? Inability to keep on top of chores can be a sign of depression - or maybe he's just a lazy f***er

He's working till late so I had to do it, and then found a huge pile of cardboard to fold and recycle :nonono: Just finished now. I think he's just become lazy and is taking me for granted. If he doesn't do something I nag and nag but he knows I end up doing it because stuff bugs the hell out of me when it needs doing. When we chat though I will ask him if there is a reason for it etc because he used to be pretty good (when we first got together - maybe that was the honeymoon period?! :giggle: )

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:30 pm

CherryPie wrote:
northernruth wrote:You see I wouldn't stand for that at all - there would be one almighty unholy row and he would be frogmarched out to do said bunnies!

Is he ok? Inability to keep on top of chores can be a sign of depression - or maybe he's just a lazy f***er

He's working till late so I had to do it, and then found a huge pile of cardboard to fold and recycle :nonono: Just finished now. I think he's just become lazy and is taking me for granted. If he doesn't do something I nag and nag but he knows I end up doing it because stuff bugs the hell out of me when it needs doing. When we chat though I will ask him if there is a reason for it etc because he used to be pretty good (when we first got together - maybe that was the honeymoon period?! :giggle: )

When it's worked for me is if I have managed to stay calm about it and say how hurt it makes me feel that he takes me for granted etc etc and does he realise how long it takes me to do XYZ - that usually results in some improvement :wink:

I still always need to remind him when bin day is - what is their problem with that????

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:37 pm

I have to say I'm pretty lucky. My DP doesn't live with us but he is sorting our new garden, helped us move and does anything I ask him to in the house. He's normally only here a couple of days a week but its a huge help. He'll also sort shortstack out with dinner/brekky/potty and tells me to sit and chill when he is here.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:37 pm

northernruth wrote:Mine is pushing it atm to be honest, but he has just come out of a very busy time at work so I have been letting it go. My main bugbear is the way he sees anything of Martha's as being inherently mine - even down to her breakfast things if he has given her breakfast, he will clear his stuff away and leave hers........and don't get me started on the clothes issue. How he manages to get her dressed when I'm not around I have no idea :roll:

Yeah I noticed how any thing to do with Reuben seems to be refered to as mine! Clothes, nappies, washing up etc...
I'm getting very jealous of some ppls DP's! I was with Ben for 4.5 years before we go married and it all seems to have gone downhill since then! I was warned by my mum though lol. The odd thing is that Ben very sadly lost his dad when he was 14 and his mum deserted him at an even younger age so he's had to fend for himself until he got with me so he was really very good as looking after the house, bills etc when we first got together. I think he's just getting a bit to comfortable atm and taking me for granted.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Rob does quite a lot. I kicked his ass into shape though it has taken years! :evil:

He washes up about 3 times a week he cooks quite a lot and he tidies up. I do hoovering washign and cleaning though. He irons his own shirt every day (because i don't do ironing!)

When i was pg he waited on me hand and foot though and too right :hohoho:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:41 pm

CherryPie wrote: I think he's just getting a bit to comfortable atm and taking me for granted.

yes! and i think you should say this to him :hug:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:43 pm

CherryPie wrote:I'm getting very jealous of some ppls DP's!

me too :D

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess