How do you store linens?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: How do you store linens?

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:28 pm

queen bee wrote:Each bedding set is neatly folded (duvet cover, sheet etc) and the placed in the matching pillowcase to keep it all together. This was suggested by Anthea Turner on Perfect Housewife @clothmama

Thank you so much!!! I did think that that didn't sound quite right when I was typing it, and that putting them in the cover wouldnt' be very neat :lookround: :lookround: but I've been at uni all day working on my assignment and I'm totally brain dead :loopy: :loopy: :oops: :giggle: :hohoho:

queen bee wrote:We have a shelf or drawer in each bedroom wardrobe for bed linen so it is easily to hand if a middle of the night bed change is needed.

That is a great idea :wine: as we are getting quite a few wet night from Louis at them moment :(

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Scarlett's is on the top shelf of her wardrobe, she doesnt have as much as us but i too keep them in her room, just in case.

Tory - take a look at BrollySheets. Theyre fab!! Make bed changing soooo quick in the night (or morning) and doesnt mean you need a full bed change which we found great at 3am in the morning when she was night training :giggle:

In fact i still keep one on S's bed even tho we've been dry for quite some time - just in case & theyre comfy etc so no complaints x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Rox wrote:Tory - take a look at BrollySheets. Theyre fab!! Make bed changing soooo quick in the night (or morning) and doesnt mean you need a full bed change which we found great at 3am in the morning when she was night training :giggle:

Rox, they look seriously good - but owwwww at the price :shock: :shock: (remember povvy student here!) Is there anything between the PUL on the back and the top sheet layer? (can you hear the cogs turning as I work out if I can make some :giggle: )

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:47 pm

I know theyre pricy but they really have been sooo worth the money.

You could easily make one, it is a tiny bit quilted so there must be something absorbent between the cotton upper and the PUL backing... which is also probably why it is stitched ontop to keep it all in place.

The upper fabric is a thick cotton (so not thin fabric type - i suppose this is so it washes well time after time) the PUL on the back is really soft and doesnt make any noise so no rustling in bed etc but i have no clue what is in the middle as obv cant see it hehe. Its not super thick so i would guess some terry or similar would do the job.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:10 pm

I store my linens by shoving them into the hotpress and very quickly closing the door :giggle: We have a blanket box too, for the nicer blankets and bedclothes. When I'm organised, I put the sheets into the matching pillowcase so i don't have to hoke around for the whole set.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 pm

I iron and fold everything so it fits inside the matching pillow case :oops:
It does make it easy for changing but u do feel a but anal now.
For nighttime changing I always use a normal sheet then a hippychick waterproof one on top. And they can't be ironed so I can just fold and go. Then is we have a midnight change I can just pull off the tip sheet and baby can go straight back in.

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess