hf1

What do you store your ironing pile in?

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

What do you store your ironing pile in?

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Bags? Hamper? Box? Am looking for something tidy but practical!

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What do you store your ironing pile in?

Postby justme123 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Ironing? What's that? :hohoho:

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm

justme123 wrote:Ironing? What's that? :hohoho:

That's what I was going to say :lookround:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 pm

I have laundry baskets (the big plastic ones) that live in my wardrobe and get used to transport washing/drying etc about - when stuff that needs ironing is dry i pile it up in one of those and after a few loads i iron them. I tend to do my washing in bursts rather than everyday as i get fed up of having them drying so this way i get an ironing load piled up over 2/3days and then iron them.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:19 pm

In laundry baskets under the bed.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Rox wrote:I have laundry baskets (the big plastic ones) that live in my wardrobe and get used to transport washing/drying etc about - when stuff that needs ironing is dry i pile it up in one of those and after a few loads i iron them. I tend to do my washing in bursts rather than everyday as i get fed up of having them drying so this way i get an ironing load piled up over 2/3days and then iron them.

I do what Rox does. The ironing pile lives in a box in my wardrobe. It makes it easier to cart downstairs when needed - plus if it piles up a bit, I can just shut the door on it! :giggle:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:25 pm

I keep mine on a chair behind the door in the breakfast room, that way I can do a few bits while DD eats breakfast or does painting etc. The iron and ironing board are in a cupboard nearby too.
My cousin keeps hers in a large recycled bag (will try to find a link *eta this sort of thing http://www.bibelot.co.uk/shop/#ecwid:mo ... ct=6035743 )
I have a couple of the same bags which I use for wool and Christmas present storage and they are very practical.

My avatar
moonsunstars2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby moonsunstars2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:40 pm

*If* I decide to Iron (which is rare! :giggle: ), It goes in onw of those plastic washing baskets (the one's with handles?!). I have 3 & use them for separating, washing to go on, washing to dry, and washing to put away (or occassionally Iron.

More often than not tho my washing, once dry, gets put straight in the wardrobe and ironed as needed :giggle:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 pm

In a pile in the utility room, I have a laundry basket to bring washing down or take clean stuff up.

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess