hf1

Wetbags - zip or drawstring?

My avatar
deralia
Clothie
Clothie

Wetbags - zip or drawstring?

Postby deralia » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:01 am

was out yesterday with the little one from 8 till 4 in which time she did two mustard explosions!! they smelt bad for newborn poo, i'm guessing it was backlash from mil's curry at the weekend (i ate it not her of course)

so...i then had to carry around her lovely nappies in their soiled smelly state in a less than fabulous 3rd hand wetbag that actually started to leak and needed a carrier put around it! yum! i now have a little lamb drawstring wetbag but as that only holds two nappies (yesterday i carried around 4 soiled) i need to get another,

which is more odour proof????? drawstring or zip?? any downsides of either? ta very much you nappy gurus xx

also if you can recommend any cheap good ones....x

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wetbags - zip or drawstring?

Postby BingBongBoo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:25 am

I've had both and I far prefer zip ones. Much better at containing smells IMO! My fav wetbags are monkeyfoot. They are not the cheapest but they are a fair price for a great product. I have one that I used when my first DD was in nappies which is still going strong. A large one costs about £16 and a medium about £14: http://www.kingdomfluff.co.uk/monkey-fo ... c-65-1.php

Or there are acouple of wetbags on the Classifieds at the mo: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=109295 and viewtopic.php?f=60&t=109296 I have a similar Fuzzi Bunz wetbag myself and although it's not the best one I own, it's perfectly functional.

HTH!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 am

I'm not keen on the monkey foot ones,I don't like the lining they use.The zipped ones I own haven't lasted as long as the drawstring ones,the zips have broken

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Zip all the way for me ;) I like the monkey foot ones too. Not cheap but got two for dd2 and they are still going strong. She's now in knickers so they are used to put clothes in after an accident :)
I had a blueberry one for dd1 ( do these still exist?!) and the lining went funny and started to leak :(
Xx

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm also a big fan of zipped ones, all mine are monkey foot now aswell! They aren't the cheapest but even the ones I have that have used for both LO's are still going strong, I also used then into potty training for clothes & my XL one gets used as a swimming bag. :D

My avatar
deralia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby deralia » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:01 pm

aah poo i still have no idea as although the monkeyfoot has been recommended i have found equal amont of monkeyfoot bad press of leaking and holes after less than a year....hmm....think im gonna go for a zip one, probably a cheap one too as they all seem to have faults anyway!! at least a cheap one is easier to replace! i only get £10 a week spending money! (nappies of course are paid for out of my spending money not groceries as they are my 'hobby')

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reusable-Napp ... 746e7e63cf
found this....anyone had a cheap one like this??

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:07 pm

I've not tried one but ebay cheapie nappies from China usually work fine so for £3.99 I'd be tempted to go for it.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Zip - Babykind do some. Theirs are slimmer and cheaper than Monkeyfoot.

My avatar
mrsAnn
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mrsAnn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:51 am

Zip wetbags are much better than drawstring. :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories