hf1

Flushable liners - are they stay-dry?

My avatar
MollyMoppet
Clothie
Clothie

Flushable liners - are they stay-dry?

Postby MollyMoppet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:42 pm

I've just bought some fleece-lined AI2s for LO and now she's on solids I'm thinking of getting flushable liners too.

Do flushable liners keep little bottoms dry?

We're on sposies til the AI2s arrive and I know this is blasphemy on a cloth nappy forum but they're great for her skin!!! We'd been having problems with rash on DD in her fitteds which has cleared completely and not come back since we switched to sposies.

I really want cloth to work for us though and am hoping the fleece lined nappies will do the trick. If the flushable liners don't keep her dry I won't bother with them.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Flushable liners - are they stay-dry?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:05 pm

they do to a certain extent, but not as stay dry like a fleece liner. Although my favourite stay dry is minke. I just buy some fabric and then cut my own and make them massive.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:38 pm

I use a fleece liner then put a flushable one on top :widesmile:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm

chocmuffin wrote:I use a fleece liner then put a flushable one on top :widesmile:

That's what I do! I look at it as an insurance policy against stains. I just can't cope with stains :puke: x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:28 pm

I also always had fleece liners or fleece lined nappies as they just keep them so dry ( so should help with your DD @MollyMoppet ). I tended to make strategic use of disposable liners, I bought the Green People (????? mind blank I think that is what they are!) ones and when DS was tiny I'd cut them into 3 and just put them where the poo would land so the rest of him was in contact with the dry fleece. Then as he got bigger and started on solids I think I still cut them down but would only put them in his first nappy as 90% of the time he pooed around 9am so the rest of the time (bar an oddipoo) he would be just with the fleece! Sorry that may all seem a bit over thought and complicated but it meant I usually got the poo with minimising the use of them! Also that brand were great as you could rewash the liners if they didn't get a pooed on a good few times :widesmile:

My avatar
MollyMoppet
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MollyMoppet » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Ha she used to poop once a day if even...she's taken to solids with gusto though and is now doing more like 3 -4.

Last week she even managed a whopping seven in one day!!! Do we get some kind of prize for that?? :D

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:16 am

MollyMoppet wrote:...Do we get some kind of prize for that?? :D

No-but your poor washing machine should!! And think of all the saved money compared to disposables. I never mind 'poo' days-I feel vindicated in my choice in using reusables!! :giggle: x

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories