Which booster?

My avatar
ljpops
Clothie
Clothie

Which booster?

Postby ljpops » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:59 am

Hi all,
We are on day 3 of using smartipants on our 11 month old twins, haven't used cloth before. So far things are pretty good but it does seem clear we will need more absorbant inserts. Not sure whether to get hemp or bamboo or a combination of both. Do people tend to ditch the microfibre and just use the bamboo/hemp, or use together? Can you suggest brands to get? I don't mind how long they take to dry, I plan to dry overnight then finish off in the dryer as needed.

Also, smartipants seem great but they look quite small - do they really last to potty?

Thanks wise-ones!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Which booster?

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:04 am

I've never been able to use a microfibres insert with either of my two, and they weren't particularly heavy wetters.

If you only want another 1-1.5 hrs out of the nappy - then little lamb bamboo boosters are perfect. Absorbent yet thin - they are great way of getting the nappy to last that little bit longer.
You could pop them inside with your microfibres inserts easily.

If you want to ditch the microfibre all together - then petit desous bamboo inserts, or the old blueberry hemp/microfibre inserts are fab.

Bumgenius organic flip inserts are another good option.
All dry overnight easily!

Having microfibre as a very top layer of an inserts is a good option - as it wicks the wetness away fast - but then passing it onto something more absorbent underneath.

Hope that helps

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:19 am

I like bamboo it's a good all rounder

My avatar
ljpops
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ljpops » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks folks, I have ordered some little lambs inserts to have a try.

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Johanna21 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:31 pm

I use Little Lamb bamboo boosters as my fast absorbing layer with easy peasy hemp underneath. It's been a successful combination but if he's been drinking loads or I know I won't be able to change as soon as normal I stick an extra hemp in which does make it a little bulky but it's fantastic :D

My avatar
Em999
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Em999 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:25 am

I had the same issue - settled on microfibre nearest LO, little lamb bamboo behind, with an extra bamboo in for night time. Now all works fine and he's been in them for 9 months.

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories