hf1

What is wrong with my fleece liners?

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: What is wrong with my fleece liners?

Postby cumbrianlass » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Are you using anything like a barrier cream which could have coated the liners? This might make them repel liquid, it certainly sounds like the fleece is not letting the pee through to the nappy if baby has wetter skin that without. Might be worth strip washing them, shouldn't take long with liners? A good scrub with a nail brush and some washing up liquid then a mega rinse session in wash machine should remove any creams, or manufacturing residue or similar which may be on them.

If it isn't that then maybe they are just duff fleece? Like a lot of the PP I have never had problems with fleece liners, no matter what way they were put on and even with fleece on fleece.

My avatar
Azalea
Clothie
Clothie

Re: What is wrong with my fleece liners?

Postby Azalea » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Oh my word!! Serious new mummy moment. Had to use barrier cream having used disposables for first few days as birth to potty nappies were a bit large and I protected the nappy with some of the fleece liners to 'test' them against disposable liners totally without thinking. What an idiot!! Even my husband knew not to do that!! Looks like I'm going to be busy with the nail brush later on today!!

Xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories