hf1

Does anyone here home educate?

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Does anyone here home educate?

Postby mama2boyz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Just wondering...any fellow home educators on here?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Does anyone here home educate?

Postby nappynutter » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:15 pm

mama2boyz wrote:Just wondering...any fellow home educators on here?

Yes, quite a few. :wink:

My avatar
Mock
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mock » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Yep, we are.

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mama2boyz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Hurray!
Nice to meet you! :idea:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:11 pm

We're HEing wannabes :lol: While my DD is still very young I consider everyday she's learning things already and hopefully that will never be stifled by school :wink:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:56 pm

indigosky2k wrote:We're HEing wannabes :lol: While my DD is still very young I consider everyday she's learning things already and hopefully that will never be stifled by school :wink:

WSS :lol:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:26 pm

We do.

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lizzy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Hmmm, yes and no here :giggle:

I was HE until I was 10 and was adamant that I wanted the same for my children. But my eldest Theo goes to school (just about to go into his 3rd year :shock: ) for a few reasons, but mainly because he is autistic and needs a lot of routine and is a right bloody handful at home :x

Seriously, I would love to have him at home, but he needs structure and routine and enjoys the academic stuff, so it's not too bad. :wink:

I do hope that Rufus will be HE tho. He is a completely different kettle of fish :giggle: . But I suspect that he may want to follow his brother into school and that's his choice unless I can see that it will be particularly negative for him. (don't think it will last tho :wink: )

My avatar
Mock
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mock » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Lizzy wrote:Hmmm, yes and no here :giggle:

I was HE until I was 10 and was adamant that I wanted the same for my children. But my eldest Theo goes to school (just about to go into his 3rd year :shock: ) for a few reasons, but mainly because he is autistic and needs a lot of routine and is a right bloody handful at home :x

Seriously, I would love to have him at home, but he needs structure and routine and enjoys the academic stuff, so it's not too bad. :wink:

I do hope that Rufus will be HE tho. He is a completely different kettle of fish :giggle: . But I suspect that he may want to follow his brother into school and that's his choice unless I can see that it will be particularly negative for him. (don't think it will last tho :wink: )

I have four kids with Autism. I found that the behaviour of the two that attended school greatly improved once we started home educating them. A lot of the meltdowns that occur at home are a result of having to cope with school all day, which, regardless of structure, is generally not an Autie friendly environment.

Next

Return to Home Education