hf1

Home educating families introduce yourself here!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Home educating families introduce yourself here!

Postby Bugglyboo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi Ros @BubbaL1ss
I'm in Devon (Totnes). We will be HEing our boys who are almost 3 and just turned one. Ed, our oldest, won't mould to the system so it will be better for him to be out of it.

My avatar
BubbaL1ss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby BubbaL1ss » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:30 pm

oooh hello bugglyboo, nice to hear from you. Whats your name?

How are you planning to do yours? Are you schooling or more autonomous.? We do a bit of structured stuff, learning letters and numbers with colouring workbooks at the moment. the eldest likes to know hes doing school. the youngest plays and joins us for a bit of colouring too when he feels like it. Its great. We'll build on it with projects which include various "subjects" but try to let him lead on interest.
Theres so many ways to "do" it its fab, you can just try something and see how they get along and then try something a bit different.
I must admit, the freedom to go learn on a beach etc is very exciting. It must be lovely being in Totnes, the country round here is nice, fields, woods etc but need to get a bit away from the towns to avoid the dog toilets!!!! shame really as the nice round walks straight from town are mostly a no no due to the poo!! Rant over!!
Ros

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:30 pm

I'm Jess,

Where are you based? Totnes is an amazing place to HE. People are very open to questions and are mostly very friendly which helps.
I also can't stand people who don't pick up after their dogs. Just laziness :(
We'll be pretty autonomous with Ed, we don't really have a choice as anything that is directed ends up very badly. Oscar may be more directed as I think he will need a little pushing. Ed learns mostly through his trains and has learnt colours, counting etc through trains. He also uses YouTube to watch train videos and he has learnt so oo much from that!
I think Oscar will be more crafty and arty so I will hopefully get to play with crafty things once he's a bit older.

My avatar
ambpick
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ambpick » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:28 am

I like that idea. Homeschooling has helped more than ever this year, the kids love staying home, they have friends, they go out on the weekends, and the kids are at home studying in peace.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:19 pm

How old are your children @ambpick. Is the homeschooling you do because the schools are closed or did you make a choice to homeschool?

Previous

Return to Home Education