hf1

What's your average daily routine?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

What's your average daily routine?

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:30 pm

I know that a it is probably very different for each family so I was wondering what each of you do.

Do you have a routine of studies in the morning followed by free learning in the afternoon or are you completely free? I would love to know how your day usually works especially for parents with lots of children of different ages.

Sorry for all the post but I'm really interested and the only family I know who are HEing, the children can't even spell 'was' :-? so I don't really want to talk to them about it.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What's your average daily routine?

Postby ladybird » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:25 pm

We chop and change. Sometimes we are completely free, other times we have weeks of a routine. At the moment we are working on some Maths and English from work books or websites in the morning, then once done it's a free-for-all. The boys often choose to work on various CD roms (educational, we don't have *just* games) or various websites. They might play on the Wii (we only have sports games, get them up and moving about, they can really work up a sweat on some of them!) We learn a lot whilst out and about too, for instance, the boys have spent today being Romans at a museum, including pretending to be in the Roman Army, learning some Latin, trying out some food.... We have been having Friday for other subjects too (ditching the formal Maths and English). Over the last couple of weeks we've built an electronic Mars Rover, baked and cooked, worked on a human body project we have ongoing, etc, etc.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: What's your average daily routine?

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:31 pm

That sounds fab. I love that HE is so flexible and that you can focus learning and build things in. I'm going to hav eto give this some serious thought. Thankfully, Ed is only 14 weeks so I have plenty of time haha.

Return to Home Education