hf1

Pets at Home workshops

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Pets at Home workshops

Postby nappynutter » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:28 am

Pets at Home are running workshops every day over the summer. Stores have details of times and which animal on which day. My lot have been to rabbits, Guinea pigs and tropical fish so far. The workshops are about an hour long, with plenty of hands on stuff and an activity booklet and certificate at the end.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Pets at Home workshops

Postby Scotia » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:48 am

Have you been going to the ones at Loanhead? if you're coming back let me know and I'll bring my two :)

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:49 am

We go to Livi but we could probably go to Straiton too. :D

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:51 am

Ooh I'll have to check our local store, thanks Morag :D

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:58 am

ooh they sound fab thanks hun will check them out. x

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:21 am

nappynutter wrote:We go to Livi but we could probably go to Straiton too. :D

Yay! Let me know and I'll come and meet you all :)

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 am

Does anyone have any further info for this? I had a quick look on their website but can't see anything :-?

Eta Do you need to contact your local branch??

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Sounds good in theory but am not sure I could bring myself to walk in one! Their animal care has been shocking in the past. And some of their basic knowledge about pet care has been distinctly lacking

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:10 pm

lazylexis wrote:Sounds good in theory but am not sure I could bring myself to walk in one! Their animal care has been shocking in the past. And some of their basic knowledge about pet care has been distinctly lacking

I've only been a PAH customer for the last couple of years but I have been in every PAH store across Central Scotland in that time. The staff in these stores are all very highly trained (they do not take on temps and spent a lot of time and money training their staff), the animals are all very well looked after (I've never see a dirty cage - regardless of the time of day I have visited and the animals all have a good diet) and they always spend time with customers to make sure they understand the house/food requirements of an animal before selling it. They actively discourage impulse buys. Their head office customer service is amazing. I really couldn't fault them at all, in fact I nominated a member of staff at my local store for an award I was so impressed.

I wouldn't have recommended their workshops if I thought they were a shoddy outfit.

Next

Return to Home Education