hf1

Any horse owners out there? Photo's please!

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Any horse owners out there? Photo's please!

Postby CherryPie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Wow gorgeous pics! Are you into working hunter? I tend to stick to eventing and dressage. Used to do british eventing but will prob stick to smaller stuff now I have little ones! Lost my nerve a bit :lol:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 pm

I did a lot of workers with my highland, we were doing HOYS qualifiers when I fell pregnant with C infact LOL I sold my wagon then too so havent ever picked it up properly as requires a lot of travelling which I cant do with both boys on my own. Ive pottered about doing dressage and showjumping more the last few years as there are events more more locally that I can get too if I dont have the boys one weekend day.
I have to convince myself Im not as thin/fit as I once was and itd be a stupid idea to tackle the size of fences I used too but I still would love to jump on and go round a decent course of fences. I dont tend to ride 'strange' horses anymore, I used to get on anything at any time but now I have the boys (and my back would give up if I came off badly) I stick with horses that I know to be relatively reliable.

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Wow, on awe of you both!! We have a Forester pony who we only hack out (when we are brave enough and she's not being too much of a numpty). Pic once LO in bed :)

I'm so excited we have a horsey thread!!! :wine: :yahoo:

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Amazing how becoming a mummy makes you become much more of a sensible rider! I no longer ride other people's 'problem' horses (though more often than not it's the owners with the problem not the horses!!) and stick to my own. I won't be doing open ode's any more. Partially due to losing my nerve and also I very sadly lost my eventer to colic aged 15, he was still in his prime and I'd had him for christmas aged 13 (he was 6) so we had an amazing relationship and trusted each other completely. I tend to stick to novice and intermediate with Marley in the one summer of competing I had with him! Will try to get some action shots up of my old boy eventing. I actually named ds2 after him (Bailey!) he meant so much to me.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 pm

And yay :wine: for the horsey thread!!

Previous

Return to Pets