Our new friend

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Our new friend

Postby willowherb » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Proudly introducing Baxter,

some friends who have a turtle and a tortoise where asked if they could take him as they didnt want him anymore, the people who owned him were not looking after him very well, wrong condition (to hot behind glass) wrong bedding and wrong food :evil: . He's not the best condition at the mo so is staying at my friends for a week so they can keep an eye on him and then he will come over to his new home. Really lookiong forward to giving this little fellow a good home and making use of all the dandlions that grow in my allottment :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Our new friend

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Aww he is lovely, I would love a tortoise

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:47 am

Awwww bless!!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:31 am

omg! i am .....in love :giggle: I love tortoises, My dp was going to get me one but because we found out that they are not recommended if you have small children because of salmonella? its something like that he decided i have to wait until the boys are older. Am dead jealous hun! :widesmile:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 am

Poor little thing he'll definitely be much better off with you x

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Ahhhh lovely. We have Fred who is now about 18 months old. I have had some good info from "thetortoiseshop" website-the seeds you can buy to grow the right food are really good. We have a run from there and are planning to get their hibernation kit.

Return to Pets