hf1

Cat help.Update pg 3 . x

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cat help

Postby scarlet » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:34 am

Thanks everyone. I have been getting myself in to a complete stress about this last night. We are sooooooo busy today and I feel awful but I won't be able to take ker to the vet untill Saturday morning. I'm going to give them a call when they open today and see what they say. Its always when you have loads going on . :roll: :(

My avatar
Rubyhall
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Rubyhall » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:16 am

Hi, I spoke to my vet about this because we use science plan dry feed & e said as long as there's pleanty of water available & they are drinking enough (some dont) it's fine. Is your cat neutered? Some cats behave in these odd ways before a season. X

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:26 pm

We had exactly the same symptoms in our cat he was a boy so it caused other problems with a blockage and we lost him eventually through complications. He was put on a special Hill dried food diet. Our vet told me that if you feed cheap dried food as in kitty kat and whiskas this can cause problems but if you buy the Royal Canin/hill type (in other words the expensive brands :roll: ) and feed it to them for up 70% of there diet and give them fresh meat/eggs/fish for the other part you will have no problems. I have 2 very spoiled cats who eat fresh fish everyday mainly because they go and cadge it off the fisherman at the end of the street when he is sat out gutting his fish :giggle: other than that I would rather spend 18€ a fortnight on dried food than have 100€ vets bills :roll:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:03 pm

We managed to get her to the vet last night. She didn't have a temp and the vet said she seemed fine in herself. But from what we described he thought it was a urine infection. So he gave her a jab and she has some meds to take for the next few days.
She already seems more more like herself. So pleased we got her in last night , the vet's stay open till 7pm which is fab!
Thanks for all the advice everyone.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Our old cat Benjita used to get like this :( and it was always a uti! It seemed to always happen when we couldn't get our regular brand of litter so he'd get really stressed :cry: :cry:

Glad she's seeming to be getting back to her normal self :hug:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Cat help.Update pg 3 . x

Postby Woozle35 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Thats good news x

My avatar
sleepymummy
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie