hf1

Update on Sootie cat

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Update on Sootie cat

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Just thought I would let you all know how she is getting on now.
After a bit of a (expected) shaky start and a lot of cursing from me we now have a very relaxed puddy cat :D she sleeps in her bed on top of the fridge freeze or under our bed or literally guarding over Anna, love a good scratch and tummy tickle. She isn't too brave outside, she just goes out and makes a dash for the planted bank just outside our house where we think she spends most of her time, she is in and out all night hunting, last night afer I had fed william she came upstairs and was having one of her mad run around sessions and I thought she had got hold of Williams Sophie Giraffe then it dawned on me what it was - a mouse :giggle: said moosie was being played with, when i saw her it was hanging out her mouth but she wasn't chewing down on it but she went out and had a 3am snack, poor moosie, she brought one into the living room to run around with one night and she ram raided the old gerbil cage and had one of them as a snack and left its remains for Kieran to find

For some odd reason she piddles on one of the curtains at the french doors but tie backs have solved that problem and she claws at the bottom stair carpet, grrrr

So I am pleased to say she has settled really well and hasn't been phased by Williams arrival, she quite likes him :D

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Update on Sootie cat

Postby bekhi1983 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm wondering if a previous owner use to keep a litter tray in a similar place. My eldest cat always claws the same piece of carpet, since we've moved I'm waiting for him to pick another spot, in the old house it was the landing so I just bought a cheap hessian door mat to put there. Looked odd but saved the carpet from a giant bald patch. :giggle: Poor lil mouse's, we get birds :puke: and once a baby rat :eek: Sometimes it's hard to tell though as it's just a skull, spine and entrails. I really do wonder at times why I love them so much. Nice to here she's settled in xx

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:04 am

So glad she has settled in at last, though :hug: for her bringing in her friends :lol: one of our cats had one of our gerbils when we had them too. Still dont know how she managed to open the cage to this day!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:06 am

Sounds like a real menace :lol: we don't have a cat flap so no yucky finds in the house but our cat is a bird catcher although not too prolific. Glad Sootie has settled in well :D

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:30 am

We have a big bit of carpet nailed to the wall at the top of our stairs as Stilton Kitty kept clawing it and ruined the paper :oops:
You could try doublesided sticky on the bit she claws on, they don't like it ;)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:14 am

Glad she has settled in.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple