hf1

Eek and again!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Eek and again!

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:29 am

So Sootie cats comes tear arsing upstairs last night from outside and sits on our windowsill (at 5am) while I was feeding William a few mins later she goes under our bed and starts growling then a fight breaks out :shock: another cat had chased her in!!! It is a friends male cat (who is identical to ours), he has been coming into our garden and spraying on our table and table cover :nono: :nono: he is a neutered male. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening, I really don't suppose there is :( It is such a creepy noise cats fighting and I obviously don't want him wandering into the house when we are out and possible spraying in the house, Sootie gets free run of the house and at night spends it coming in and out bringing us mousey gifts :giggle:
Last edited by Kirstyh on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Eek

Postby KimmyM » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 am

We had a Magnetic cat flap so only our cat could get in. It stopped other cat coming in the house.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:39 am

KimmyM wrote:We had a Magnetic cat flap so only our cat could get in. It stopped other cat coming in the house.

Yeah we thought about one of them but then there is the issue of having a collar on a cat which they don't recommend :-?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 am

We have a magnetic cat flap too, I think the issue with cat collars is the strangulation risk if it gets caught on a branch etc, we always buy elasticated ones so they slip off if the cat gets caught on anything.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 am

Frances wrote:We have a magnetic cat flap too, I think the issue with cat collars is the strangulation risk if it gets caught on a branch etc, we always buy elasticated ones so they slip off if the cat gets caught on anything.

Yep have seen them, she came with a collar but it was off withing a day of being here, no idea where she lost it. Think we will get a magnetic one
Looking online I have found a flap that is programmed to your cats micro chip but it is £104!!! http://www.microchipcatflaps.co.uk/buy-now/

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:30 am

We had ours for 15 years three cats and no issues. You can buy replacement magnets so if it gets caught and the colar comes off all's not lost.

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 pm

We have this exact problem, a cat from across the road comes in all the time and I've caught him spraying a few times :x :puke: :nono: We do have a magnetic cat flap but one of our cats has a really bushy tail and if he comes in slowly it doesn't shut properly :roll: Also if the other cat is chasing one of them he comes in with them :( I hope you can stop him coming in some how it's soooo annoying :x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:44 pm

It has just come in again (that is the 3rd time now). Our cat went bombing upstairs and lept into Anna's room and scared the day lights out of her, I met the other cat at our lounge door and it bolted but not before I bellowed "GET OUT" at the top of my voice, DH said it was like a slow motion horror move voice :giggle: DH went straight to the front door but it was already over the road, man that cat can run!!! It is really starting to annoy me now, it is terrorising our poor kitty and now K and A are in tears as they got a fright when I shouted! I text it's owner when it happens, they don't have a flap so if he is out wandering he doesn't get in to his home.

Hopefully me doing my posessed yelling has scared him!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Eek and again!

Postby sophie2198 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:50 pm

:lol: sorry I can just imagine you doing a physcho / possesed look with a kitchen knife or something screaming at the cat!!! :lol:

*cough* ofcourse I had to try really really hard to imagine you like that as its totally out of character! :wink:

Next

Return to Pets