Jamendo.com

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Jamendo.com

Postby MrC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 am

As a test post for our new forum here's a link to the top 100 from an absolutely fantastic site where you can download great music (over 300,000 tracks in many genres) for nothing:

http://www.jamendo.com/en/top

Remember to support the artists by donating if you like their tunes. That way they will create more. It's a great system that has allowed their site to build a fantastic, supportive and creative community. Any donations go to the artist, not some middleman :) .You can of course donate to the site separately if you like their work to help them continue too.

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Jamendo.com

Postby ems » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:17 pm

OO thank you for that! I'm having a good look through!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Looks good - I look forward to exploring it!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 am

I have Brad Sucks on my wake up alarm - worth a listen to!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Thanks for posting this - listening to a lovely chilled album this evening!

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:17 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Thanks for posting this - listening to a lovely chilled album this evening!

No worries. Glad it helped you chill. :)

Just a thought. I can't remember, but weren't you using Ubuntu at some point? If you still are Jamendo's also built into RythmBox to make it even easier to search and stream music directly to your player.

I'm sat here listening to some nice Jazz on it I would never have tried otherwise :):) . Just thinking about it, I've been using it for 4 years now and still haven't got bored with it. There just always something cool and new to listen to by some astoundingly talented people you would never find in a shop.

Return to Music