hf1

Washable foldable cloth change mat DIY questions.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Washable foldable cloth change mat DIY questions.

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:38 pm

I have run out of bluies (the disposable protective sheets used in hospitals) that I had from work and so am forced to finally make my own change mat :giggle: !

I've looked online at lots of tutorials and there are quite frankly too many and I'm confused! I have lots of a nice PUL with fish on it that I bought for Rémy's nappies (have only made a NB wrap so far) that I want to use but I have some questions.

• What would you put on the back side? What sort of material?
  • This has always confused me :oops: , what side do you lie your baby on?
  • If I do use my nice PUL it isn't actually wipeable on the nice side so should I actually put something wipeable on the other side or do you think it doesn't matter and I can just make 2 and wash it if it gets mucky?

I feel that I'm possibly over thinking this completely :giggle:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Washable foldable cloth change mat DIY questions.

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:54 am

I made one for someone else, but just used fleece and towelling so no help! I always think pul looks to cold to lie them on though!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:17 am

autumnalgirl wrote:I made one for someone else, but just used fleece and towelling so no help! I always think pul looks to cold to lie them on though!

WSS!

My favourite one was just thick bamboo towelling on one side with a printed cotton on the other. I don't think you necessarily need PUL.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 am

Thanks girls! That is perfect, I have some spotty minki and giraffe fabric I'm using for somw blankets but there is enough to do a change mat too :yahoo: AND I know where they both are without unpacking boxes :yahoo:

What size did you guys have? @louise @autumnalgirl

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Hand towel size! @clothmama

Return to Sewing