Baby / toddler trousers - free patterns

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Baby / toddler trousers - free patterns

Postby clothmama » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:50 am

After being inspired by @Kim to make some PJs for Rémy I looked at the ones that she had used and I couldn't decide which pattern style I liked and it could have got costly at 7 euros a pop so I thought I'd look around for some free patterns. I've decided to try the Fleece Fun:
Dana-made-it pants:
and the Monkey Pants by steffmade.de (this one is in german so wish me luck!):

I'll update on how I go with them all :D Has anyone else tried any of these or any other good free patterns?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Baby / toddler trousers - free patterns

Postby clothmama » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:38 am

Just added pics of the patterns ready to go - they are all so different, will be interesting to see which ones I like best :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:53 am

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: I love online translations - in German my pattern peice reads '1 x in doppelter stofflage zuschneiden' which has been translated to 'In a dual fuel cut position' :hohoho: :hohoho: I'm guessing it wants me to cut 1 with the material doubled over :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:48 pm

I told myself when I got this sewing machine I would only use free patterns but so far I have bought 3. I did manage to get one of the elliedactyl ones for free this week though. I will have a look at your free ones, does the bottom one have a contrast bum circle @clothmama? I bought some of those from a WAHM and I have put Willow in them but I am just not sure if I like them or not.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:44 pm

They look good and relatively easy :thumbsup:
If you need help with the german I do speak and read german fairly good :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Aeseldyr wrote:They look good and relatively easy :thumbsup:

@Aeseldyr could you be a darling and have a look at the ebook instructions for the monkeypants and tell me how many cm I'm supposed to allow for seam allowance?
http://schnabelina.blogspot.fr/2012/09/ ... nline.html
I thought it would be self explanatory on the picture but I can't see anywhere with an obvious seam allowance written :giggle: Mange tak :D xx

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:56 pm

clothmama wrote:
Aeseldyr wrote:They look good and relatively easy :thumbsup:

@Aeseldyr could you be a darling and have a look at the ebook instructions for the monkeypants and tell me how many cm I'm supposed to allow for seam allowance?
http://schnabelina.blogspot.fr/2012/09/ ... nline.html
I thought it would be self explanatory on the picture but I can't see anywhere with an obvious seam allowance written :giggle: Mange tak :D xx

As I read it you need a 1 cm seam allowance except for the bottom (Think the leg) where the pattern is made for adding a piece but you Can also just make a 5 cm seam allowance and turn that as the bottom of the leg.
Hope that makes sence :giggle: "nahtzugabe" means seam allowance

Love the pattern think I need to try that :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks Marie but oh no so the side I've already cut out will be too short as well, I thought I could get away with the missing seam allowance but probably no 5cm off the bottom :doh: :doh: :giggle: I wish I'd asked you first! I don't think Rémy needs the rufffle - although I guess I could just do a big cuff thing.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:28 pm

clothmama wrote:Thanks Marie but oh no so the side I've already cut out will be too short as well, I thought I could get away with the missing seam allowance but probably no 5cm off the bottom :doh: :doh: :giggle: I wish I'd asked you first! I don't think Rémy needs the rufffle - although I guess I could just do a big cuff thing.

Why not just put a Jersey knit at the bottom? I did that with almost all baby/toddler pants for the girls. You Can make that long or short as you like. It says 5 cm and then you turn it and it makes 2,5 cm, so really not that much :)

Next

Return to Sewing