Winter DIY clothes?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Winter DIY clothes?

Postby clothmama » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:09 pm

confusinglady wrote:Ooooo I looked at the pattern that was linked in the other thread last night and it looks nice and easy. With it being half price I m tempted. I ve never made any clothes for me eek ..... Do you think I ll manage it ?!

I m kind of thinking I could layer it up with a long sleeved top and a cardi.

I think you should at that price @confusinglady :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: and let me know how you go! What is your body shape? I've just been reading up about mine (pear!) and apparently I shoudl be wearing A line dresses / tunics so I'm not sure if it is too poofy for me and will make me look huger!

I think I just need to be brave and make up my own pattern - I figure if I can wing a 12th century Bliaut I can wing an A line tunic :hohoho: :hohoho:
Allie wrote:in the past I've made basic tunic tops by drawing round things I already own and making my own patterns up.
I will try - I must such a sewing scardy cat @Allie :giggle:

emmavmorgan wrote:Sorry my apron dress is cut out but isn't finished :oops:

Get on with it I want to see the finished result @emmavmorgan :whip: now the summer hols are over you will have loads of spare time :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:56 pm

Well I don't really know what shape I would be classed as ....... I m kind of pear shaped but with boobs :hohoho:
I m petite on top, shoulder and waist wise - size 10 but with boobs and then bottom half size 12-14 with my hips, bottom and thighs, with chunky legs and ankles.
Don't I sound marvellous! Oh and rubbish sloping shoulders :giggle:
So I find it tricky accentuate my top half as it makes my bottom half look bigger.
The only problem I find with a line skirts is the right shoes. I also hate shoes, I have flat feet and can't walk in heels. I would wear a pair of knee high boots all year if allowed!
So I was kind of hoping I could make on of those dresses but without pockets in Autumn / winter colours and wear with knee high boots and tights.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:53 am

confusinglady wrote:Don't I sound marvellous! Oh and rubbish sloping shoulders :giggle:

:giggle: LOL I'm sure it isn't that bad!!!

I think you can be a pear shape with boobs it is just that your bottom half is larger than the top! I'm the same I'm a 14/16 on top and 18 on bottom :oops: :oops: (so desperately need to loose weight :oops: :oops: :oops: ).

confusinglady wrote:The only problem I find with a line skirts is the right shoes. I also hate shoes, I have flat feet and can't walk in heels. I would wear a pair of knee high boots all year if allowed!

Awwww I love shoes but not great with heels (I'm a bit of a tomboy) particularly since I broke my ankle a couple of years back and I know that they are meant to help! I have a few pairs of loafers which I think work OK with them. Totally with you though love love love being in tights and long boots - even my (purple) wellies :hohoho: :hohoho:

confusinglady wrote:Oh and rubbish sloping shoulders :giggle:

Not being funny but was reading about all the shape / dressing thing the other day and even though to my ears it sounds very 80s (apparently not though!) shoulder pads may be your friend @confusinglady !

I think you should give it a go (and yes I'm guessing loose the pockets as they will be drawing attention down!)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:26 am

I m not sure I could get beyond the 80s thoughts with the shoulder pads :giggle: !

Previous

Return to Sewing