hf1

Is this easy (or doable) for a beginner?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Is this easy (or doable) for a beginner?

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:02 am

I want to make another cardi for baby, I really like plain / classic things and generally I'm not that keen on a lot of crocheted things, particularly the old fashioned ones (although I dont' mind the one I just made :lookround: ). So I come back to my original reason for relearning to knit :knit: a couple of years ago, there are certain things I just much prefer the look of knitting for! When I relearnt (I'd knitted a jumper when I was a teenager) to knit a couple of years ago I did a small shawl (Steamtrain kerchief or something similar like that) and started the FASC shawl but haven't picked it up for a good couple of years now :oops:!

I have been looking at lots of patterns and keep seeing this one that I really love :love: :
It is the Baby Sophisticate:
http://stockinette.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... histicate/

Do you think this is doable for me or will I end up :x and :cry: and :eek: ?

Has anyone made it? Was it easy? Did you like the result? Pics if you did would be fab :widesmile:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Is this easy (or doable) for a beginner?

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:17 am

I've knitted this.

Didn't enjoy it much - if I remember rightly there were a few errors in the button band/collar which didn't make sense so I ended up making it up.
I'll try and find a photo of the one I made

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:19 am

@clothmama

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:33 am

Love what you did Jen .......

docmaggoo wrote:I've knitted this.

Didn't enjoy it much - if I remember rightly there were a few errors in the button band/collar which didn't make sense so I ended up making it up.
I'll try and find a photo of the one I made

........ but really glad I asked, there is no way I'd cope :knit: if I didn't understand the pattern, my skill is just not there yet!

Are there any other similar ones that have simple (fool proof :lookround: ) instructions?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:44 am

Puerperiem cardigan is a lovely knit and very simple! You can make short sleeves or long ones and it opens in such a way that it's perfect for newborns!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:46 am

docmaggoo wrote:Puerperiem cardigan is a lovely knit and very simple! You can make short sleeves or long ones and it opens in such a way that it's perfect for newborns!

I'll have a look at that one - thanks :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:49 am

I probably won't need another NB sized one, was going to do this one as 3-6 month (Or slightly smaller, I knit tightly and then it will fit when we come over at 8 weeks :giggle: ) so not sure that gorgeous little one is right for that. Or maybe I should give it a go, it won't take much wool :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:20 pm

What Jen said !

Return to Knitting