hf1

Scooters

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Scooters

Postby ems101 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:51 pm

DD wansts a scooter and i think at 2.5yrs is ready for one. I want to get a second hand one, what sort of thing am i looking for? Just an old fshioned three wheeler or one of these mini micra things with breaks??!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Scooters

Postby Mareth » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:57 pm

DS has a mini micro, and tbh it's fab! It has two wheels at the front and one at the back and they lean to turn corners, rather than twisting the handles (meaning there's much less chance of them falling flat on their faces like with a standard one wheel at the front type where if they turn too sharply the scooter comes to a dead stop regardless of the speed they were doing). It's also really quiet compared to the cheaper ones as it has slightly soft wheels, so none of that awful clattering around the streets noise LOL. Also, there are cheaper copies of the mini micro now, but the ones I've seen, the mechanism that makes them turn is much more severe than the genuine ones and makes them almost unrideable (is that a word?). They are expensive, but IMO, completely worth it.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:02 pm

ok, good advice thanks!

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I can only agree with PP. My boys have the mini micro scooters and totally love them. They are so much better than everything else I have seen. DS1 has the follow on model the maxi micro and still loves the concept of the 3 wheeler. He has never asked for a 2 wheeler. DS3 managed to ride it when he was around 20 months old. He's now 3 1/2 and rides it like a pro.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:10 pm

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165644
that is the one Grace has and it is really good, she never has a wobble on it and it has a good wide base for her to stand on x

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:19 pm

That looks like a great one Kirsty,and not too expensive. I want a scooter with flashing lights too...

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:42 pm

I'm getting a mini micro for dd when she is dry in her knickers , hopefully a bit of an incentive. Everyone I have asked tells me to get one as they are so good, they are a lot of money which did make me apprehensive.But with all the recommendations I feel confident it will be a god buy. I'd like to get some ribbons for it but think I will try making my own as the mini micro one's are £6.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Dd has the mini micro too, and it's brilliant. Totally agree with what everyone has said about it. I bought a roll of stripy ribbon for 99p and made my own, it looks great!

Dh and I were so jealous of her scooting fun that we bought one for each of us too :D Makes keeping up easier, and it's lots of fun!

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:53 pm

http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/3 ... eviews.htm

We have this one and Dexter loves it he got it for Christmas is have been thrown around bashed he rides it every where along rough pavements grass up and down steps :shock: and its still solid x

I think I picked mine up for 15 - home bargins have similar character ones for a tenner x

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler